NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   New symptoms 1 month after concussion (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/109757-symptoms-1-month-concussion.html)

natscoolma 12-05-2009 02:59 PM

New symptoms 1 month after concussion

Hi everyone. Well it has been a month since I had my "incident". I say incident because I have no idea what it was. To one Dr it was a seizure( EEG test results back this week-no seizure during test) to another it was a mini stroke. It is what it is whatever that is. When It happened I was standing upright passed out on my feet and hit a wood floor breaking the fall with my face, needless to say I got a nasty concussion. I was unresponsive for 20-25 minutes, and I don't remember anything from before of after. I have read and read about concussions. Over the last couple weeks I have had something new happening and I need help. My Dr keeps ignoring me when I tell him this. I feel a giant wave of dizziness come over me. Very sudden, and then I can not hold my head up. My head feels like it weighs a ton. I am always sitting when this happens. The heavy head part lasts for a few minutes then goes away. The dizziness can last a bit longer. It was only happening once in a while, but now it happens 2 or 3 times a day. Help. Any thoughts?

Mark in Idaho 12-05-2009 06:35 PM

natscoolma,

Sounds odd. Sorry to hear of your continuing struggles.

Have you tried to track all of the other characteristics that precede these events?

Like,
What were you doing while you were sitting?
What kind of stimulation was going on around you?
watching TV, reading, music, Christmas lights, Christmas lights blinking, thought processes, muscle tension, perception of time slowing down or speeding up, a passage of time (absence seizure),

You will be the key to collecting the important information.

I get these feeling of my head feeling heavy but they go with my eyelids feeling heavy. All of a sudden, I feel like I have to go to sleep. Sometimes, I just go out.

Have you read the thread about upper cervical chiropractic? The cervical nerves could be an issue to look into.

Sometimes, it takes a second person to witness these events and report what they have observed. Wish I could help more.

Lucy 12-06-2009 10:32 PM

Dizziness

Hi, I know what you mean by the wave of dizziness. I can be just sitting in a chair doing nothing in particular and will have a wave of dizziness for no reason what so ever. I think it happens if I look at something that is on a lean or slant when I am tired - I think my brain has problems keeping me balanced!

I think that you should change doctors and find one that will listen to you. Also like Mark says, you need to find out what you were doing when you were concussed. In the meantime you should avoid becoming over tired and or stimulated. In other words REST!

Lynlee

jayhybrid 12-10-2009 07:28 PM

If your doctor is ignoring you, he/she is not providing you with care. That's why you hire a doctor, to provide medical care.

Fire your doctor like you would a bad employee.

Find one that listens, and cares.

Good luck. I have the same problem with waves of dizziness. It's become pretty debilitating lately.