NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Members' Mall (https://www.neurotalk.org/members-mall/)
-   -   Looking to sell online (https://www.neurotalk.org/members-mall/110043-looking-sell-online.html)

JustWeave 12-09-2009 08:25 PM

Looking to sell online

DH and I have a ton of stuff we would like to sell. Think nice flea market finds to vintage to rare stuff. We have kicked around the idea of selling on eBay but wonder if there is something cheaper out there. Thanks for any help you can give us.

Chemar 12-09-2009 09:41 PM

www.bonanzle.com is free to list and have a store (called a booth there) plus low commission on what sells.
It is an online selling community with a lot of focus on social interaction via forums, selling games etc.
It is really simple to run a store there which is a big advantage

www.ecrater.com is totally FREE (free store, free listing, no sales commission) and was recently announced as one of Google's partner sites so items rank well

there are others, but it depends on what you are selling...the 2 above are for both old and new stuff

eBay still gets the most traffic, but you do have to be prepared to part with a chunk of your profit with all their fees:rolleyes:

JustWeave 12-09-2009 09:56 PM

Thanks. I just discovered the first one you mentioned and after looking it over a bit I sent the link to DH. I'll check the other one out too. Both of us need something that is very user friendly.

edited to add- We have used/ old stuff, as well as "new" old stock. I will use esty for my crafts, once I get that going.

braingonebad 12-12-2009 10:09 AM

Post a link once you're set up. I think this member mall thing is awesome. These smaller sites are really gonna get a big boost from this.

:)

Who wouldn't rather buy from someone they *know*?

Ebay used to be cool until it got so greedy, so it's nice to see some competition.

JustWeave 12-12-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braingonebad (Post 598965)
Post a link once you're set up. I think this member mall thing is awesome. These smaller sites are really gonna get a big boost from this.

:)

Who wouldn't rather buy from someone they *know*?

Ebay used to be cool until it got so greedy, so it's nice to see some competition.

Will advertise as shops open. :D I want to get two off the ground in the coming year. One crafty and one not. The crafty one will be a dream come true while the other one is purely survivial tactics. I want elbow room so I can better enjoy my favorite things and cash for debt relief.

Vonn07 12-14-2009 04:51 PM

I'm going to be selling some craft kits, patterns etc - will look at esty? .. not sure ...

thanks!

Dmom3005 01-03-2010 03:17 PM

Looking for Powder puff clothes and ideas. Anyone have any ideas.

Except ebay, I'm not having luck finding clothes there. And I will
be looking to set up a room later. So I'm glad to see the other rooms.

Donna

JD 03-06-2010 05:56 PM

better than ebay --Free!

The only one who made money on ebay with my stint was ebay. :( And I have retail sales savvy.

There's a newer site www.upillar.com that does not charge the non-commerical sellers. (They take their name from something like YOU are the column (Pillar) of your own strength...or something like that.)
They were on fox news I think, with endorsement.

Good wishes.

Becky21 03-10-2010 02:20 AM

E-Bay was an awful experience for me too!:mad:

The big online stores have a monopoly on it and they will pounce on newbies! I got pounced on and didn't even know I did anything wrong.:(

I hated the shipping and I lost money!

I finally gave up and took bags of clothes to Salvation Army!:hug:

DawnD 01-14-2013 02:48 PM

I have had my ups and downs with ebay...But now that I know what I am doing its been pretty good. 50 free listings a month works for me :)