NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Yack...I woke the sleeping bear! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/110107-yack-woke-sleeping-bear.html)

Riverwild 12-10-2009 10:03 PM

Yack...I woke the sleeping bear!

I asked the man when he thought he would be getting his stimulus check. He is on SSDI and I figured he would know since he is a political head who watches the news and talking heads 24/7.

He didn't know and asked me to look it up. From what I could find, it was supposed to be mailed out by June?

Now he's mad and thinks the info I found is wrong. :rolleyes:

Has anyone who is on SSDI received a stimulus check for 2009? It's supposed to be $250.00 and you had to be on SSDI before November of 2008 to get it. It would surely help for Christmas and to help me get out of this cloud hovering over my house if anyone can comment...:paperbag:

SallyC 12-10-2009 10:20 PM

I looked mine up and it went into my checking acct, automatically, in June. My SS check is deposited to my acct each month and so was the Stimulous.

Kitty 12-11-2009 12:11 AM

I looked mine up and it was deposited on 5/14/09.

Riverwild 12-11-2009 07:19 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Now my question is did either of you have to do anything to get it?

He had to file a tax return in 2008 for 2007 in order to get the 2008 stimulus, but hasn't filed a 2008 return since he has no taxable income and he hadn't heard much about it (or we would have known what to do!) I feel like an idiot for not knowing any of this. I just automatically assumed that we would have heard if he had to do anything.

I've got the # for the local SS office and he will be calling them today.

jmiller 12-11-2009 08:43 AM

I didnt have to file, mine was just direct deposited.

tkrik 12-11-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmiller (Post 598621)
I didnt have to file, mine was just direct deposited.

Me too! Mine was direct deposited. I'd have to look at my statements to find out when.

RW - Does DH's SSDI get direct deposited? Is it possible it was deposited and he didn't notice? I hope you get it straightened out soon.:hug:

Jules A 12-11-2009 09:32 AM

I never ask the man anything! Better to let sleeping dogs lie, tee hee.

AfterMyNap 12-11-2009 10:17 AM

We ate mine on the Jordon Pond lawn!! ;)

Riverwild 12-11-2009 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 598661)
We ate mine on the Jordon Pond lawn!! ;)

and it was Deeeeelicious! :p

Riverwild 12-11-2009 12:43 PM

OK...after reading all about everyone's dates, I went on the search and found the deposit registers from the past year (good thing I save everything) and yes he did get his stimulus check, and no he didn't tell me that he got it because he doesn't have access to the savings account, and I never look at it since it's money we don't touch except for emergencies and yes it was STILL in the savings account!

I've just declared an emergency! :yahoo: