NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   Hi everyone! Im new and I had a question (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/110175-hi-im-question.html)

Isa_91 12-11-2009 06:01 PM

Hi everyone! Im new and I had a question

Hi everyone Im new here! Im a 18 year old girl who was born a premie and Im the second of twins. I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus when I was 6-7 months old (can't remember) and I had surgery. I had never had a revision until I was 16 years old in November 2007. My shunt was out of place in my head and out of place in my stomach turns out I had outgrown the shunt. I have a programble shunt know. Lately I've been having continious pain where my shunt is, like right on it. Also I've had a non-stop pain a little above where my insition is in my stomach. Is this normal? what can help me to ease the pain? Do you guys have any suggestions?? I can really use your help! thanks! -Isa

ewizabeth 12-11-2009 07:10 PM

Welcome to NeuroTalk Isa!! :Wave-Hello: I'm glad you found us!

I'm sorry for the problems you've been having and somebody here should have some suggestions.

Have you contacted the doctor about this? If so, what did they have to say about it?

Anyway, good luck in getting this pain fixed... :hug:

brainiac 12-11-2009 11:38 PM

Stomach Pain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isa_91 (Post 598790)
Hi everyone Im new here! Im a 18 year old girl who was born a premie and Im the second of twins. I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus when I was 6-7 months old (can't remember) and I had surgery. I had never had a revision until I was 16 years old in November 2007. My shunt was out of place in my head and out of place in my stomach turns out I had outgrown the shunt. I have a programble shunt know. Lately I've been having continious pain where my shunt is, like right on it. Also I've had a non-stop pain a little above where my insition is in my stomach. Is this normal? what can help me to ease the pain? Do you guys have any suggestions?? I can really use your help! thanks! -Isa

I was also a Premie...but about the pain I just met with the neurosurgeon Wednesday and told him about the pain from the shunt itself and the stomach pains that feel like cramps at times, his response was that they will go away with time, but I'm going to get a second opinion, I will let you know what I find out next week.

Isa_91 12-18-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainiac (Post 598885)
I was also a Premie...but about the pain I just met with the neurosurgeon Wednesday and told him about the pain from the shunt itself and the stomach pains that feel like cramps at times, his response was that they will go away with time, but I'm going to get a second opinion, I will let you know what I find out next week.

Thank you so much!