NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   To all of those with kitty cats (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/111413-kitty-cats.html)

karilann 12-30-2009 11:22 AM

To all of those with kitty cats

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5414Okay, this was 2006 Pet product of the year. Anyone tried this and if so, did your cats like it?
It costs about $25 and I don't know if it is worth the money or not. It claims that cats love it. Its called the cat lounger and has that honeycomb tough cardboard stuff cats like to scratch on and it has sides to it. I think its the sides on it that cats are intrigued by. Any thoughts out there?
Attachment 5416 My kitty cat "Baby' who adopted me last year

Kitty 12-30-2009 11:25 AM

I have something similar but without the sides. I wish I had seen this product before getting the ones I have. I think my cats would love it. They love the honeycomb cardboard to scratch. I got mine online and thought they would be larger than they were. But.....I used a gift certificate to get them and the cats seem to like them so it's all good.

Mine came with a little baggie of catnip. I sprinkle a little of it onto the cardboard and they go wild! :D

Jules A 12-30-2009 11:32 AM

We have had a similar product but made in strips probably 18" by 6" for them to scratch. My cats loved them but tore the heck out of them and there wre shreds of cardboard everywhere. I'm no Martha Stewart in my home but the constant mess of these got on my nerves.

P.S. many of mine are complete savages so maybe ordinary cats wouldn't be so rough?

ewizabeth 12-30-2009 12:14 PM

We have the cardboard with the plastic ring around it that holds a ball. Daisy goes around the ring like a streak of lightning pushing the ball. :D Both kitties like to scratch the center.

Any box will do, but that looks like a winner to me. You could make something similar pretty easily I bet.

One thing that our kitties really like is an old wooden ladder we have in the basement. They like climbing and sitting on top. Rocky gnaws on the edge of the wood. :D

pud's friend 12-30-2009 05:16 PM

Mine wouldn't be to fussed with anthing so new and sparkly.
Miss P likes to sit in any old box, especially polystyrene fruit boxex, the dustier the better. And she has an old fence post to scratch.
Mr Doof prefers the open floor and tends to scratch on any wild thing that moves.
But this looks nice and neat.

You say it's the sides they like- I'd agree. 'Out in the wild' as it were, mine will always find a dip, or a trough or a box with sides so they can duck down and wait for passing trade before pouncing.

Edit. I've just had a look at my pics. Mr Doof to the left- yeah, like he really looks like he could pounce.
and Miss P below just likes to sit in or on things.

mrsD 12-30-2009 05:34 PM

Our cats just love the old strawberry box from Costco.

I put new paper in it periodically and it sits right over the boiler (which is in the basement right under) in our dining room. They all take turns sitting in it!
With our oldest Sheba who is 23, getting most of the daytime use.

They just love this box, and it was FREE at Costco! The crinkle factor is important to them too.
This is Oreo, our youngest getting a turn.

Dejibo 12-30-2009 05:59 PM

I have one, and my big old cat jack sleeps in it at night. he thinks its better than the softest down, and the fanciest of fur. He would rather sleep there, than anywhere!

pud's friend 12-30-2009 08:25 PM

Oooh, MrsD, your Oreo is so like my DoofKat