NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   migraine (I think) ... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/111464-migraine.html)

Vonn07 12-30-2009 11:27 PM

migraine (I think) ...

the last couple of weeks, I've been dealing with a headache just across my brow/forehead area ... sometimes, I can't turn my head - it feels as tho the 'insides' don't want to turn with my head ... which brings a bit of 'ting' ... and wince ... and the sun (when it does appear) .. shines brightly on the snow ... which makes me want to squint ...

and I've taken Ibuprofen (started on Tuesday) - when I remember ... (don't worry, it's just Walgreen brand) ...

anyways ... am I experiencing a migraine?? sorry, I'm not a very good or restful patient ...

my brain feels like it wants to jump outta my head! :eek:

thanks for any help or thoughts ...

TwoKidsTwoCats 12-30-2009 11:46 PM

Any chance that you could have a sinus infection, especially one caused by a strep infection? Have you had fever, recent sinus congestion, or what you thought was a cold? I remember having the sensation that my brain felt like it was moving opposite of my head when I had to sit up or move my head. My eyes were sensitive to light and hurt to move them. The pain was like no headache I had ever had before or since.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Erin524 12-31-2009 12:22 AM

The first time I had optic neuritis, whatever was causing the pain on the optic nerve was also causing me pain down the side of my neck. I couldnt turn my head much at all for days before the optic nerve pain built up to the point where I wanted to end it all, and to the point where the big blind spot appeared.

Felt like when I turned my head, I had the world's worst pulled muscle.

Vonn07 12-31-2009 09:46 AM

thanks, Pam & Erin ...

Pam - I'm thinking it's my sinuses too ... I have this 'constant' congestion ... and when I get warm (even after a shower) ... my nose runs ... when I eat something hot, my nose runs (well, you get the picture) ... I shovel snow off my car (my nose runs!) ...

I see my PCP next Friday ... and will bring this up AGAIN ...

FinLady 12-31-2009 11:55 AM

Sounds like an infection of one sort or another. I had one in the eye that also caused similar symptoms to a sinus infection. The only difference was that there was no pressure when I tapped myself along the line of my cheekbone. (That's my major indicator of sinus infections, but that may just be my own weird thing, LOL!)

Gotta love the connections of nose, eyes, and ears when one of those goes out of whack. :rolleyes: Hope you feel better soon. :hug::hug:

SallyC 12-31-2009 12:42 PM

Sinus headache would be my guess. I get them and I hate them. Sometime a bit of nose spray will clear the sinuses and thus, the headache,

:hug:

Debbie D 12-31-2009 07:46 PM

Vonn, why wait for relief? Take Mucinex...it is a wonder drug...gets those clogs out of the sinuses...sure sounds like sinus congestion!:hug:

braingonebad 01-02-2010 09:41 AM

Migraines can be a lot of things, but mine are normally over my temples, not forehead or brow.

Dejibo 01-02-2010 09:49 AM

my migraines were also on one side or the other. its rare to have a migraine on both sides. stress can cause both sides, and infection can.

I hope you feel better. :hug:

dmplaura 01-02-2010 01:32 PM

Agree about the 1 side involvement for migraines. When I had auras it was 1 eye only (left). When I had my last migraine that hospitalized me, it was my right side, and I got numb/slurred speech along with, numbness on the right side.