NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   IV Steroid Infusion...1 Down... 2 to go! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/111800-iv-steroid-infusion-1-2-a.html)

Friend2U 01-05-2010 11:00 PM

IV Steroid Infusion...1 Down... 2 to go!

Christmastime was not the time to get into an ms flare. I haven't slept for days on end.... can't sit.... can't sleep.... spent most of time leaning over back of couch..... Legs....back....muscle spasms..... waist and above....everygthing pins and needles!!!!!!:(

FINALLY got to see neuro today. He gave me a round of IV Steroid Infusion. Go back tomorrow and Thursday. Then Thrusday... brain MRI to see what is going on.

I love my neuro.....it was just bad timing. I could have gone to ER but chose not to go deal with that. I am feeling "MUCH" better tonight... there is hope!!! That is worth a lot!

Sorry I haven't been on here encouraging others. Love you guys!:hug:

Lady 01-05-2010 11:10 PM

Hi F2U,
I agree Christmas time is not a good time for a relapse (flare, attack). Or any time for that matter. :(

I just came off of my 5th day 1000 mgs of IVSM a few days ago. Now my body is crashing looking for more drugs. No taper.

Good luck with the next two infusions and the MRI.

We have so much fun with MS, NOT !:hug:

Friend2U 01-05-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady (Post 607322)
Hi F2U,
I agree Christmas time is not a good time for a relapse (flare, attack). Or any time for that matter. :(

I just came off of my 5th day 1000 mgs of IVSM a few days ago. Now my body is crashing looking for more drugs. No taper.

Good luck with the next two infusions and the MRI.

We have so much fun with MS, NOT !:hug:

I have a prescription for Prednisone to taper off. I guess I'm thankful for that. I'm new to this so wasn't sure....but it makes sense that it would be to taper off.

Sorry you are crashing. That doesn't sound like fun. what things are you having to deal with? I hope you a speedy recovery. :hug:

pud's friend 01-06-2010 04:13 AM

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
I can only empathise; I have no such worries myself.
You can deal with it. :hug:

Dejibo 01-06-2010 10:24 AM

Christmas is stressful enough without a flare! I hope you feel better. :hug:

Debbie D 01-06-2010 11:45 AM

F2U,
glad the roids are helping some...hope you got some sleep. sometimes I actually miss the IVSM...took care of the stupid spasms that have become my traveling buddy...

SallyC 01-06-2010 12:42 PM

:circlelove:(((((((((Friend2u)))))))):circlelove:

Twinkletoes 01-06-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friend2U (Post 607315)
Christmastime was not the time to get into an ms flare. I haven't slept for days on end.... can't sit.... can't sleep.... spent most of time leaning over back of couch..... Legs....back....muscle spasms..... waist and above....everygthing pins and needles!!!!!!:(

FINALLY got to see neuro today. He gave me a round of IV Steroid Infusion. Go back tomorrow and Thursday. Then Thrusday... brain MRI to see what is going on.

I love my neuro.....it was just bad timing. I could have gone to ER but chose not to go deal with that. I am feeling "MUCH" better tonight... there is hope!!! That is worth a lot!

Sorry I haven't been on here encouraging others. Love you guys!:hug:

Awww, sorry Friend. Glad you finally got to the doc -- things should start looking up very soon! :hug:

Friend2U 01-06-2010 08:55 PM

2 Down....1 More to go!!!

...and it is SNOWING BUT GOOD HERE!. We will leave early tomorrow for our 60 mile trip into the doctor.

My tinglies from waist up are much better. The crazy legs and muscles tightness are being a little more stubborn! Hoping for tomorrow to do the trick.

Also I get my brain scan tomorrow. Not looking forward to that terrible tube!!! But it will get over with and then I'll have some answers... good or not?!... they will be answers.

Thanks for your responses. I don't feel so alone!!!!:grouphug:

legzzalot 01-07-2010 06:52 PM

Friend I hope you are getting some relief, one thing to look out for though that we discovered, MRI's done right after steroids tend to show lesions as non enhancing with the contrast when really they are active. Good luck tomorrow. Hope they can figure it all out!:hug: