NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   Acupuncture (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/112287-acupuncture.html)

adimaria 01-13-2010 12:30 PM

Acupuncture

Anyone tried acupuncture to help with TN or ATN?

Burntmarshmallow 01-13-2010 05:58 PM

I have never tryed it but I know many others have and most find it helpful .
Its has to be done regularly and I know many t.n people who use it to lower the pain.

jjlsongbird 01-15-2010 07:41 AM

I answered this under "acupuncture/chiropractor."

AM222 02-06-2010 06:55 AM

It HELPED ME!!!!

I have pain, (well, had pain. pressure, and even numbness). I was diagnosed with ATN because It never let up. I had it from the minute I woke up till I could fall asleep. All over my face, both sides.
I finally went to see an acupuncturist, this man does classes all over the Boston area. By the time I went to see him,I couldn't talk. For some reason my mouth felt swollen although it was not.
Long story short During the first treatment I could feel everything "loosening up" and pain was subsiding. He came back into the room to find me with tears running down my face. I was so relieved! I opened my mouth to talk , just to try it...and..I could! It has been a journey. I will feel better for 3 days to 3 weeks but it does come back.
BUT, I have to say it has never come back to the most painful days..not even close. Just make sure you see someone with good "word of mouth".
I wish you the best. Acupuncture gave me hope that I could live a "normal" life again.
The way I see it,even though it has not gotten rid of this 100%, everyday that it is better, or at a dull roar is worth the world to me...GOOD LUCK!

Fayemo 01-06-2011 02:27 PM

Boston Acupuncture?

Hi. I just joined today. I'm outside of Boston and looking for an acupuncturist who knows TN. Can you recommend/share the name of yours?

Thanks.
FM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM222 (Post 618533)
I have pain, (well, had pain. pressure, and even numbness). I was diagnosed with ATN because It never let up. I had it from the minute I woke up till I could fall asleep. All over my face, both sides.
I finally went to see an acupuncturist, this man does classes all over the Boston area. By the time I went to see him,I couldn't talk. For some reason my mouth felt swollen although it was not.
Long story short During the first treatment I could feel everything "loosening up" and pain was subsiding. He came back into the room to find me with tears running down my face. I was so relieved! I opened my mouth to talk , just to try it...and..I could! It has been a journey. I will feel better for 3 days to 3 weeks but it does come back.
BUT, I have to say it has never come back to the most painful days..not even close. Just make sure you see someone with good "word of mouth".
I wish you the best. Acupuncture gave me hope that I could live a "normal" life again.
The way I see it,even though it has not gotten rid of this 100%, everyday that it is better, or at a dull roar is worth the world to me...GOOD LUCK!