NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Scooter question?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/112319-scooter-question.html)

SallyC 01-13-2010 08:53 PM

Scooter question??

Does anyone hear have a scooter with tires that need air??? I'm using my old indoor outdoor scooter in my house and my tires went flat. It's almost impossible to move it.

How do you fill your tires....:Help::Help:

SandyC 01-13-2010 08:56 PM

We have one of those pump inflators. You can get them as a hand pump, foot pump or electric pump. Walmart has them. We don't need it for the wheelchair now but keep it around for lawn equipment.

SallyC 01-13-2010 09:11 PM

Thanks Sandy... Is it something I can use easily? I'm no longer the strong mobile type..:D

AfterMyNap 01-13-2010 09:36 PM

Mine have solid tires because I figured I wouldn't be able to call AAA with a flat.

Before you invest in an air compressor, you might want to call your local gimp store to find out what kind of air pressure you'll need to properly inflate them. The little cheapies I've seen are meant for inflating pool toys and air mattresses, etc.

You could probably have them changed out and be done with it for good. Not sure how much it would cost, though.

Be careful about how much driving you do on flat tires, it could end up wrecking them. :eek:

SallyC 01-13-2010 11:24 PM

My DS is visiting from NC and he called from DD's house with a bicycle pump. He came over and filled me up..:hug::hug::hug:

DD had fed me beans..:rolleyes:, but DSS and DIL to the rescue.

Thanks Cindy..:)

SandyC 01-13-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 610242)
Thanks Sandy... Is it something I can use easily? I'm no longer the strong mobile type..:D

The one we have is a hand pump and inflates a scooter tire or a manual wheelchair tire easily, for me, when I needed it. I have not asked Jim to try but it is spring loaded so he may be able to do it but with breaks. ;) The electric ones are nice but you must be extremely careful not to over inflate. That's why I prefer the manual pumps. We've had ours for years hanging out in the garage.

Look at the tires and see if there is some raised lettering on them. It should have a PSI number to let you know how much to inflate the tire. My air pump has a gauge built in so I know when to stop.

Or, exchange them out for airless or have the mobility place inflate them like Cindy suggested. This is probably your best bet if getting on the ground and back up is an issue.

Or ask your "handymen" if they have an air pump? You'd be surprised at what they have packed in their tool boxes. :p

PS: Just saw your response. Glad it's taken care of! :hug:

SallyC 01-14-2010 12:11 PM

I swear...Grrrrrr, my right rear tire went flat again, so I probably need a new tube. I called my scooter repair person and he will be out tomorrow to see what it needs.$$$$$$$$$...Grrrrrrrrr!!!

I hate my life, right at this moment..Spituiii!!!

Riverwild 01-14-2010 08:06 PM

Bummer Sal!

You have a chair for mucking around until the tires are fixed?

SallyC 01-14-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwild (Post 610582)
Bummer Sal!

You have a chair for mucking around until the tires are fixed?

Nah, that one is also in the shop...I'm just moving around on it berry slowly on the flat, until the man gets here tomorrow.

I tried to put tire inflater with sealant into the tire, but it didn't work...I now have a coat of it all over the tire, floor and me, though, tire still flat. :D