NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Rsd/crps (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/112529-rsd-crps.html)

firefly.10 01-17-2010 04:53 AM

Rsd/crps

Does anyone know of a good RSD/CRPS doctor in the San Antonio, Texas area. Thanks

loretta 01-17-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefly.10 (Post 611354)
Does anyone know of a good RSD/CRPS doctor in the San Antonio, Texas area. Thanks

Hi firefly, Did you just get RSD? It seems like I've seen the city on this forum. The friends here are real good for support etc. The Cleveland Clinic is very well known for RSD. Florida and Pennsylvania have great Drs for RSD. Wish you well, your friend,loretta with soft hugs:grouphug:

Raymond 09-02-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loretta (Post 611582)
Hi firefly, Did you just get RSD? It seems like I've seen the city on this forum. The friends here are real good for support etc. The Cleveland Clinic is very well known for RSD. Florida and Pennsylvania have great Drs for RSD. Wish you well, your friend,loretta with soft hugs:grouphug:

hi loretta,
I hope you are feeling well today.
I see that you mention pa as having good rsd doctors, which I am looking for besides the appointment that I have in june of 2012 with dr. scharzman in Philadelphia.
thank you for your response, if you reply, we can talk
Ray:hug:

loretta 09-02-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 691178)
hi loretta,
I see that you mention pa as having good rsd doctors, which I am looking for besides the appointment that I have in june of 2012 with dr. scharzman in Philadelphia.

Hi Ray, and welcome to Neurotalk, although very sorry you are here for RSD reasons. You will find so much encouragment here and support.
Dr. Getson I believe is in the Philadelphia area. He and Dr. Schwartzman practiced or went to school together. Many here love him and his beside manner and knowledge. Ain't So Bad, I believe goe to Getson and used to see Schwartzman. Drexel Hospital is where he practices from I believe. I'm just going my memory and you know how that is for us RSDers-not good.
I'm sure others will add more. Having a good Doc is so important. I have had RSD 15 years-full body or generalized now and internal. I have a wonderful Dr. the past 6 years. Mine came following surgery, but wasn't diagnosed for 4 years.
Let us know if you find a good Doc. One of your new friends, loretta

mjl1261 09-02-2010 03:13 PM

I've heard of a Dr. Rhodes in Corpus Christie but can't vouch for his skill. Never been to him, just read on the internet about a non-invasive treatment he does.

I'm sure he's like many others -- some will sing his praises and others will call him a quack.

yiisd 09-06-2010 03:28 AM

Texas PM Dr

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefly.10 (Post 611354)

I don't know anyone in San Antonio, TX; but I have a Triple Board Certified Pain Management Physician in HOUSTON, TX.
His name is Everton Edmondson,MD
6560 Fannin #2202 Houston. He is VERY Knowledgeable in RSD & Quite Personable.
However; be forewarned, his offis staff is NASTY! They are SO HATEFUL that I would change physicians IF I could find a good one.
I'm in Houston & had RSD for 8 years.

Best of Luck!

SandyRI 09-06-2010 03:24 PM

Hi Raymond,

I highly recommend Dr Philip Getson's of Marlton NJ. He is awesome!! And has a much shorter wait time than Dr. S. 856-983-7246.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 691178)
hi loretta,