NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Leftover Betaseron 1b (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/112551-leftover-betaseron-1b.html)

karilann 01-17-2010 01:43 PM

Leftover Betaseron 1b

I have a box (month) of left over injection packets that I can't use with my new autoject due to the change in needle size. The box says exp date Feb 2010 but I don't know why that would be too bad cuz it is still in an unmixed form. What do I do with it? Seems so terrible to waste this expensive stuff.

FaithS 01-17-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karilann (Post 611469)
I have a box (month) of left over injection packets that I can't use with my new autoject due to the change in needle size. The box says exp date Feb 2010 but I don't know why that would be too bad cuz it is still in an unmixed form. What do I do with it? Seems so terrible to waste this expensive stuff.

Can't give it to ppl, or prob NeuroTalk won't let you advertise it here. Sometimes, a doctor's office or pharmacy will pass it on for you.

Might be able to request that others PM you here if they wish to take it.

I wasn't able to request that on a different site, but somebody used the email address in my profile anyways to contact me. I had 5 months of Betaseron left when I switched to Copaxone. Wow; that's $10,000 worth of meds that I didn't want to just throw away!

Hope you can find someone.

~ Faith

legzzalot 01-17-2010 10:45 PM

sucks don't it? I ended up with a month of copaxone when I stopped it. I did find out the local university was doing MS testing... just so happens they were doing some test with copaxone, so I donated it to them.

karilann 01-18-2010 02:30 PM

Great Idea!

Might be able to request that others PM you here if they wish to take it.;)

azoyizes 01-19-2010 11:56 AM

I gave my two boxes of Betaseron to my infusion center. They were glad to get it.

DizzyLizzy 01-20-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karilann (Post 611469)

I've been wondering what to do with my leftover DMD's too? My last Copaxone injection was December 15, 2009. I have 20 days remaining and those will expire 04/2011, so quite a bit of life left in them. My Neuro clinic cannot accept them for patient use and the nurse didn't know of any other facilities that could take it either. Would our local MS Society chapter be able to accept it?

Thanks for the thread karilann! ;)

pud's friend 01-21-2010 03:31 AM

I used to care for a young chap with SP who would kill for some leftover Betaferon. He saw/sees this as his last hope and is unable to get any. Each time I open a new box, I am grateful and thank my stars I have the choice.

If I had a spare box, i'm not sure what i'd do with it. Ebay ???

Dejibo 01-21-2010 09:24 AM

When i switched off of Beta 1b to Copaxone I had 3 full boxes left. What a waste to chuck it! I tried the local support group. no one needed it. I tried the MS center. they couldnt take it. The local MD said he knew of folks that needed it, but he couldnt take it. I begged for a way to know their names, and never got to know. I went to several message boards, and posted. Most kicked my post off with warnings about it being against the law to pass on your prescription to someone that it isnt labled for.

In the end, one of those members gave me a PM and asked if she could have them. I was tickled to send three full boxes to a woman who pays cash for each month, while waiting for her waiting period of "pre existing" passed. After 180 days she was eligible, and therefore needed to pay cash till then. I got her half way there!

I hated when I started having to disguise my posts from its orginal intent of "does anyone need this" to "what do I do with this" just so the "by law" folks didnt delete my posts.

I hope someone steps up and gives you a PM. its so horrible to have to wash money down the drain. Bless you for passing it on.

FaithS 01-25-2010 07:56 PM

Anyone need leftover Betaseron? PM Karianne.

~ Faith