NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   tomorrow is the big day (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/112625-tomorrow-day.html)

lostmary 01-18-2010 01:37 PM

tomorrow is the big day

Hi all,

Well, tomorrow morning I'm getting my pain pump implanted. I'm so excited, but also a little nervous. I really don't want another surgery. Having all the other surgeries, and having 2 scs implanted and then removed has really been more then enough. But then again, just knowing that I will be getting my life back, being able to ride my horses again, and going back to work at least part time, is so very exciting. I'll be in the hospital for a day or two, then home for recovery. I'll let you all know how it is going. Wish me luck

Hugs
Mary

ams0310 01-18-2010 01:42 PM

:grouphug:

Best of luck to you! I pray that everything goes smooth and that your stay in the hospital is pleasant. Please keep us posted!

Awna

SandyS 01-18-2010 01:49 PM

My Dear Mary,

I am actually very excited for you. I am praying that God gives you pain relief. You deserve this...Keep being excited and optimistic because this may be the answer for you...Good luck...
:hug: Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostmary (Post 611853)
Hi all,

Well, tomorrow morning I'm getting my pain pump implanted. I'm so excited, but also a little nervous. I really don't want another surgery. Having all the other surgeries, and having 2 scs implanted and then removed has really been more then enough. But then again, just knowing that I will be getting my life back, being able to ride my horses again, and going back to work at least part time, is so very exciting. I'll be in the hospital for a day or two, then home for recovery. I'll let you all know how it is going. Wish me luck

Hugs
Mary

SandyRI 01-18-2010 02:45 PM

Good Luck Mary!!!!!!!!

XOXOX Sandy

bobber 01-18-2010 03:52 PM

May the lord be with you mary,,
I was raised on a farm and remember the joy of riding horse;s,,,,i still do ride horse's But its called a motorcycle,,,,Im sorry to hear that the SCS"s didnt work,,,Can you elaberate a little on what happened,how long you had them,,did it cause a spread,,,,ive got a Dr wanting to install one,,but Im not feeling the confidence in success in my heart,,although , i know everyone is different,,,its still good to ask,do research,listen,,,,
good luck girl,Im sure God will allow you to ride again,,,,he is a compassionate God,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bobber ..... "delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of you heart" psalm 37:4

RNcrps2 01-18-2010 04:47 PM

Mary, That's great news! I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer that everything goes well. Take it easy and enjoy being waited on in the hospital! Remember we are all thinking of you. Let us know how you are doing. hugs. momof4

dreambeliever128 01-18-2010 05:38 PM

Hi Mary,

Good luck tomorrow. I hope the pump does what you need it to so that you can enjoy the things you want to do again.

Ada

Rrae 01-18-2010 05:51 PM

Try your best to stay 'relaxed' !

Hey girl !!
Certainly can relate to the jitters you have! Every single one of my muscles were tensed up when i did my SCS trial (and had to be awake) and I'm convince that's part of why I battled alot of extra pain (physical AND mental) :o afterward.

You are no stranger to these procedures, so I know you'll be just FINE!! Just wanted to drop by with my support AND PRAYERS! Try your best to be as relaxed about it as possible, as we all know that the extra stress likes to take the opportunity to try and cause complications. Hopefully they will be generous with the 'relaxer' meds.

You're gonna do great Mary i just know it!
Hugs and Best wishes!
We're all very anxious to hear back from you as soon as you are able!

Your Friend
Rae
:Heart:

vannafeelbettr 01-18-2010 06:16 PM

Good Luck!

With all the remedies you've tried, I'm hoping this procedure will be the Ace in your hand.

Warm wishes for a speedy and comfy recovery ;)

:hug:Vanna

keep smilin 01-18-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vannafeelbettr (Post 611957)
With all the remedies you've tried, I'm hoping this procedure will be the Ace in your hand.

Warm wishes for a speedy and comfy recovery ;)

:hug:Vanna

Dear Mary.....

I hope and pray all goes great for you and your final result is a better than one can even phathom!!!!! You go girl... show RSD whats for!!! Sweet dreams and let us know how you're when you are feeling up to it!!

Best wishes...
KS:hug: for luck..