NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Can you explain what this is? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/112691-explain.html)

Debbie D 01-19-2010 02:33 PM

Can you explain what this is?

This morning, I felt as if I had a dog hair brushing against my ring finger. Then I felt it on the back of my hand. Then the forearm...then the other forearm.
Is this tingling? I don't know what to call it...I've never had this before. Have any of you ever had this sensation?

barb02 01-19-2010 02:39 PM

It does sound like a sensory reaction. The tingling I feel is more like a vibration.
But occasionally I will feel like I have water on my leg or arm and try to brush it off.

SallyC 01-19-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 612252)
This morning, I felt as if I had a dog hair brushing against my ring finger. Then I felt it on the back of my hand. Then the forearm...then the other forearm.
Is this tingling? I don't know what to call it...I've never had this before. Have any of you ever had this sensation?

Yeppers!!!:mad:

Kitty 01-19-2010 02:50 PM

Yes, I've had this. Sometimes I get the feeling that a bug or something is crawling on me. It's very unnerving at times!

It's just sensory sx. Barb, I get the water feeling, too. I sometimes get a "sandy" feeling on my hands and feet. I don't know any other way to describe it.....but it feels like I have sand on my skin.

soxmom 01-19-2010 03:19 PM

I get these...I thought at first it was my spider paranoia.:eek: It
felt just like spider webs. I also get vibrations, wet feelings, bugs crawling etc. etc. :hug:

Blessings2You 01-19-2010 03:36 PM

Sometimes I have cats hairs or something on my face, bugs crawling on my legs or scalp, and water running down my shins, calves or on my feet. I always, always have to check, because what if this time it was real? :eek:

TwoKidsTwoCats 01-19-2010 04:11 PM

Yes! My nose constantly feels like a hair is tickling me. The wet legs and feet feeling, I blamed the poor cat a few times for weeing on the carpet... was not wet.:rolleyes:

pud's friend 01-19-2010 07:05 PM

I always have bugs crawling over me, hairs tickling me and a wet foot and calf.
But I'm told, if that's all I get, then it's not so bad is it?

Debbie D 01-19-2010 08:22 PM

Thanks all...I get those wet feelings, too, but this was new. Not a big deal though, right?

braingonebad 01-19-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 612269)
Sometimes I have cats hairs or something on my face, bugs crawling on my legs or scalp, and water running down my shins, calves or on my feet. I always, always have to check, because what if this time it was real? :eek:

Same here. Since my sx started, I've had a *bug* doing circles on the back of my head. Sometimes it feels like tape is stuck to the bottom of my foot, or like I stepped in something squishy. Most are only a little annoying. When the itchies get really bad I claw myself, can't sleep. Sometimes ice helps, or benedryl spray.