NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Skin Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/113533-skin-pain.html)

sugrkiss 02-01-2010 05:19 AM

Skin Pain

My husband was diagnosed with Fibro a couple years ago...and all of a sudden he is having pretty bad pain in his arm...it's also hurting his skin to the touch..anybody have this type of pain associated with their fibro???

Thank you,
Jessica

BlueMajo 02-03-2010 03:24 PM

Yes... I do...

In the skin of my head, when im under stress....

Dmom3005 02-03-2010 07:51 PM

Yes this is a normal pain for me with fibro. I would definately suggest
he get ahold of his pain management doctor. He might need his medications
adjusted.

Donna

Megan 02-11-2010 04:41 AM

Skin pain!

Yes, paraesthaesias and dysasthaesias are a common component of Fibromyalgia....as to where paraesthaesias and neuropathic pain intersect in Fibromyalgia I am not too sure!

ShaDean 02-11-2010 09:47 PM

Skin pain

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugrkiss (Post 616540)
My husband was diagnosed with Fibro a couple years ago...and all of a sudden he is having pretty bad pain in his arm...it's also hurting his skin to the touch..anybody have this type of pain associated with their fibro???

Thank you,
Jessica

Wishing you well, Fibro does strange things. Some of what I thought was Fibro was RSD. A good spouse is a blessing.

tamiloo 04-29-2010 01:33 PM

I have skin pain....I always say I hurt so bad my skin hurts...my family knows then I'm in a pretty bad way! :(

Feel the Burn 05-06-2010 01:33 PM

It also could be a SMALL FIBER NEUROPATHY<, dont blame everything on Fibro,, talk to a Neuro and ask about a skin biopy test,,, (punch Biopsy),, my arms burn all the time,, my fingers and hands burn,, and it was chalkedup to fibro till a punch biopsy showed reduced nerve fibers,,, does he feel like hes burning ,, do his legs feel cold for no reason,, or feelings like water running down his leg when there is none,,, again,, dont let them blame it all on fibro

Jefferson Katims 05-09-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feel the Burn (Post 652073)
It also could be a SMALL FIBER NEUROPATHY<, dont blame everything on Fibro,, talk to a Neuro and ask about a skin biopy test,,, (punch Biopsy),, my arms burn all the time,, my fingers and hands burn,, and it was chalkedup to fibro till a punch biopsy showed reduced nerve fibers,,, does he feel like hes burning ,, do his legs feel cold for no reason,, or feelings like water running down his leg when there is none,,, again,, dont let them blame it all on fibro

There is a painless non-invasive sensory nerve test that evaluates the functional integrity of the small fibers which are measured by the skin punch biopsy test and also evaluates the functional integrity of the large sensory nerve fibers which have their conduction in an isolated peripheral segment tested by the Nerve Conduction Velocity test. This test is the Neurometer Current Perception Threshold Evaluation- it has hundreds of peer reviewed scientific publications documenting its validity. Before submitting to painful, invasive, expensive and nerve tests for small or large fiber neuropathy, I would recommend you ask a Neuro for a Neurometer evaluation.

cyclelops 05-18-2010 06:38 PM

Get a skin biopsy for nerve fiber density. It is a simple skin punch!

I was told I had fibro for a decade, despite having had an active Lyme infection, diagnosed while acute!

Long story short....I ended up having small fiber neuropathy....sensory and autonomic. Then I seroconverted to a positive ANA.

Please keep pushing for diagnostics, especially the nerve fiber density skin biopsy.

Doody 05-23-2010 03:21 PM

I'll have to ask my doc about that skin punch at my physical and see what he says.

I do remember, because it flared just recently, that I get that burning pain on the backs of my legs, most especially the thigh area. And, on my butt. :o