NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Pink welts?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/113635-pink-welts.html)

Courtw84 02-02-2010 11:12 AM

Pink welts??

I know I am writing alot of threads, but I am new to this!!!

I get the pink/red welts.. they look like huge mosquito bites...
the first time it was diagnosed from the hot tub, but since then I have gotten them 2 other times and no one else in the hot tub has!!!

They and painful!! not really around he affected limb.... which hazel seems to help with pain..

COULD THIS BE RELATED TO RSD!?

daniella 02-02-2010 12:16 PM

Hi Sometimes it is hard to know what is part of the rsd and what is seperate. A lot of people around the rsd area have skin issues. For me though I guess but who really knows it is not connected I developed a skin condition that was so scratchy and my skin was shedding. I do know things that may have not been an issue to me pre rsd are now and what does not impact the normal may impact me.

keep smilin 02-02-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 617048)
Hi Sometimes it is hard to know what is part of the rsd and what is seperate. A lot of people around the rsd area have skin issues. For me though I guess but who really knows it is not connected I developed a skin condition that was so scratchy and my skin was shedding. I do know things that may have not been an issue to me pre rsd are now and what does not impact the normal may impact me.

Many people develop skin lesions due to their RSD... I have not had them.. however I do get the little red. blood filled "dots" on my affected parts of my body..They do not hurt nor do they cause me any troubles except if one breaks..it bleeds for a long time...This is a circulatory condition so our skin does take a hit..Mention better yet show your Dr. at your next visit for a definative answer...in th mean time protest them for possible infection as we know our immune systems are not the greatest at warding off infections....

Take care and KS....:grouphug:

SandyS 02-02-2010 04:27 PM

Are you sure they are not hives...they sound like hives to me. Are you taking a new medication? Check with your pharmacist or your doc. Are you using a certain chemical in the hot tub, like bromine or chlorine. You could be having an allergic reaction to the chemicals. Just a thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtw84 (Post 617025)

the first time it was diagnosed from the hot tub, but since then I have gotten them 2 other times and no one else in the hot tub has!!!

They and painful!! not really around he affected limb.... which hazel seems to help with pain..

edever34 02-02-2010 04:38 PM

I agree sounds more like hives-I am very hive prone

Courtw84 02-02-2010 08:31 PM

HEY! thanks guys... I am not taking any medications!!!! I hate meds..and they don't help me with pain, yet I do tend to get EVERY side-effect possible.. so I a currently just sucking it up the best I can I guess...

I suppose it could be hives... but we don't use bromine in our hot tub.. couldb be something else tho!

loretta 02-03-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtw84 (Post 617025)

Hi Court, Please don't feel you are posting too much. It's normal to have tons of question and he makes us feel good to provide support and relate our experiences that may help you understand what is happening to you.
I read on RSDSA our water for therapy, swimming, etc should be 86 degrees and hot do ICE or don't get in HOT water like hot tub temp.
Red dots are common to RSD patients. I have them and during a flare, they are lesions which can be infected. They hurt and sometimes they itch. It's hard to look at, but photos on the board show all kinds of skin problems.
This is an autonomic disorder, which means involuntary organs affected. Circulation, high and low blood pressure, skin rashes-red dots. immune system is compromised. short term memory loss, grasping for words while talking, not remembering the words.
Read as much as you can. I like RSDSA web site and rsdrx.com especially under puzzles. puzzles is a list of 146 questions with Dr. Hooshmand answers. He is retired not, but his website has a wealth of information. Another Dr. in Florida has taken many of his patients.
Hope you continue to research and stretch, move, heat healthy. Remember some meds cause weight gain and try your best to not let that happen.
Do you have a good RSD Dr. with experience? Take care of yourself, loretta with soft hugs:grouphug:

cindi1965 02-03-2010 06:40 PM

When I begin to have a flare I have welts or bumps in the exact same place every time ...it's a mystery to my neuro and every doctor I see. They just seem to think it's the way my body reacts to a flare. They hurt, but are not red. As my RSD has spread, the bumps have spread right along. Just another day in RSD Land....

SandyS 02-03-2010 07:03 PM

Hi Loretta,

My Lindsay had a sinus infection last month and she kept breaking out in what we thought were hives...at least that's what her GP kept saying they were. They said she was having an allergic reaction to her antibiotic. She is having a flare now, I'm wondering if this is from RSD as well. They were everywhere including her face. They would really come up after her shower. This is something to think about. Maybe it wasn't an allergic reaction.

Thanks,
Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by loretta (Post 617600)
Hi Court, Please don't feel you are posting too much. It's normal to have tons of question and he makes us feel good to provide support and relate our experiences that may help you understand what is happening to you.
I read on RSDSA our water for therapy, swimming, etc should be 86 degrees and hot do ICE or don't get in HOT water like hot tub temp.
Red dots are common to RSD patients. I have them and during a flare, they are lesions which can be infected. They hurt and sometimes they itch. It's hard to look at, but photos on the board show all kinds of skin problems.
This is an autonomic disorder, which means involuntary organs affected. Circulation, high and low blood pressure, skin rashes-red dots. immune system is compromised. short term memory loss, grasping for words while talking, not remembering the words.
Read as much as you can. I like RSDSA web site and rsdrx.com especially under puzzles. puzzles is a list of 146 questions with Dr. Hooshmand answers. He is retired not, but his website has a wealth of information. Another Dr. in Florida has taken many of his patients.
Hope you continue to research and stretch, move, heat healthy. Remember some meds cause weight gain and try your best to not let that happen.
Do you have a good RSD Dr. with experience? Take care of yourself, loretta with soft hugs:grouphug:

SandyRI 02-03-2010 07:34 PM

I had problems with rashes last spring. My RSD started in my upper right extremity and spread to my cervical spine and my head, but the rashes were on my stomach, my chest and my back. They itched liked crazy! (I used a pasta grabber to scratch my back - it worked very well). At the time I was getting stellate ganglion blocks every 4 weeks or so, I do not know if the rashes were related to the meds in the blocks or not. The weather was also changing, it was starting to get warm up here.

In any case, I haven't had a rash in a while. I think they lasted for about 4-5 months, and then they just went away. Very strange...I still have scars from some of the places where I scratched myself too hard...

Hope you get some relief soon...have you tried cortisone creams?

Good luck, Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyS (Post 617632)
Hi Loretta,

My Lindsay had a sinus infection last month and she kept breaking out in what we thought were hives...at least that's what her GP kept saying they were. They said she was having an allergic reaction to her antibiotic. She is having a flare now, I'm wondering if this is from RSD as well. They were everywhere including her face. They would really come up after her shower. This is something to think about. Maybe it wasn't an allergic reaction.

Thanks,
Sandy