NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Balloons for Livvy! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/113821-balloons-livvy.html)

allentgamer 02-04-2010 02:27 AM

Balloons for Livvy!

Quote:

My Dad came up with a great idea today- as you all know, Sunday is Livvy's 10th birthday. Instead of calling or texting us, honour Liv's birthday & remember her on Sunday by writing her name on a balloon & releasing it up into the sky. We'll be doing this with purple helium balloons but any will do- then there'll be ba...lloons with her name on them going up into the sky all over the world!! ♥ ♥ ♥
I thought everyone here would want to get in on this for Kate (cake) and her family.

Balloons will be flyin from my house sunday!!

:circlelove:

hannah1234 02-04-2010 02:45 AM

i second that!!! Bless her heart!:)

fmichael 02-04-2010 12:42 PM

thanks, Allen

1 Attachment(s)
As we send our love to Kate and her family.

(Please ignore the date on the photo, obviously.)

Kakimbo 02-04-2010 02:46 PM

Allen...AWESOME!!!!!!!

Count me in. Thanks for the brilliant idea. Love to Livvy and family.

keep smilin 02-04-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim ames (Post 617920)
Allen...AWESOME!!!!!!!

Count me in. Thanks for the brilliant idea. Love to Livvy and family.

Iam in!!!!KS:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

SandyS 02-04-2010 06:22 PM

I am in also... My love to you Kate.

Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep smilin (Post 617961)
Iam in!!!!KS:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Cake 02-05-2010 03:17 AM

Thank you all SO much.

We're really struggling at the moment, the shock and numbness that we originally had in the first days after Olivia passed away have well and truly worn off and we're left with the horrible reality that our daughter really has passed away and we'll never be able to hold her or see her again. :(

(Details are on my blog if you'd like more info about what has happened, the link to my blog is in my signature below)

The kids are having a really rough time- partly due to grief but partly due to the trauma of what they saw and went through at the crash scene and in hospital. Dayne and Bailey are both with a really good counsellor (Matt and I sit in with them so we're all doing it together) who is helping them with their fears, their flashbacks, their anxiety attacks and their grief, but it's going to be a very long and painful road.

This coming Saturday marks 1 month since the accident, since Olivia passed away, then Sunday is her 10th birthday.... it's going to be a very painful and hard weekend.

A lot of people have been asking us what we're going to do on her birthday and how they can support us. We decided we'd write her name on a helium balloon each (and maybe attach a birthday card or write a message for her on the balloon) and release it up into the skies. My Dad suggested other people could do this too, to remember her on her birthday and so that there is love for Olivia going up to the heavens from all over the world!

I'm writing down the places people will be releasing their balloons from, so if you decide to take part in this then please let me know your state and country.

Some people have also decided to take photos of them doing this- whether it's photos of them releasing the balloon/s or photos of the balloon/s going up into the sky- so if you'd like to do that as well, that would be awesome. Message me and I'll give you my email address to send the pics to.

Thank you to those of you who have said you'll release balloons for her on Sunday. The huge response we've had about this from people all over the world is amazing and we're so honoured that so many people will be doing this on Liv's birthday. The words "thank you" just don't seem enough but please understand those two words mean so much. :hug:

x Kate

hipnochik 02-06-2010 01:08 AM

Livvy is playing with the angels

I am new here to this forum and I happened upon Kate's devastating news. Katey, my heart goes to you and yours. I haven't had the opportunity to communicate with you yet, but I see you are in good hands with the overwhelming support of the kind and caring freinds you have here.

My husband and I will be releasing a balloon in Olivia's memory on Sunday.
I hope that you find some solace in the love and caring of your on-line family. I somehow know that I have discovered the right group of people on this forum and feel proud to be a part of.

May your god watch over you and guide you with peace and love.

Gentle hugs,
Kelly :grouphug:

allentgamer 02-07-2010 04:38 PM

Getting ready to let the balloons fly!

Will post up some pics here in a bit :grouphug:

Abbie 02-07-2010 04:49 PM

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...rple/52105.jpg

Due to weather I can not get out... but didn't want to forget Livvy.