NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Great news! Yay! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/113922-news-yay.html)

erinhermes 02-05-2010 12:21 PM

Great news! Yay!

[B][/BHello all!:D

THought I'd post some GOOD news for once~:D

My PCP got in touch with hospice regarding my pain, so they are taking care of me - free of charge! My ins. wouldn't cover it so she was somehow able to take care of it - I'm still in shock! I have a nurse, hospital bed, potty, STRONG pain meds, wheelchair, the whole nine yards! Plus they are able to get me meds that regular drs are not able to get their hands on, so this has been a real blessing!

I started Forteo last night. I am so ready for it to kick in so I won't break anything else!:D

I still feel incredible guilt over leaving Dr. I, but may walk with a limp for life b/c he wouldn't listen to me. :(

I slept like a baby last night in my fancy new hospital bed. THis has been nothing sort of a miracle! Plus, hospice takes care of a lot of the meds I'm on, so I won't have to pay for those for a while..........I am so very grateful!

I am on cloud nine right now!

I hope this finds you all strong and healthy!

LOve,
Erin:hug:

jana 02-05-2010 02:11 PM

I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE for you, Erin!!:hug:

Getting a handle on your pain is gonna SOOOOO improve your quality of life.

Prayers ARE answered!!!!

suev 02-05-2010 03:33 PM

That Is terrific news ERin!!

Hang in there!!

Sue

Nicknerd 02-05-2010 03:48 PM

That's excellent- I hope that you're feeling completely better very soon!

Nicky

nemsmom 02-05-2010 04:38 PM

That's so great!

I'm glad they're taking care of you Erin! I have been worried about you for a while now, it's so good to hear you are getting some good news and some doctors who are taking care of you.

I don't come in here much anymore because my doctors decided I don't have MG but I come in here to check and see how you're doing. Hopefully that medicine kicks in soon, no more broken bones.

Hope the good news just keeps coming for you.

:hug: Kristie

allen L 02-05-2010 04:51 PM

most excellent news as far as getting a grip on all of this and helping you out and most of all, making you comfortable.

AnnieB3 02-05-2010 05:55 PM

Erin, Even nice and good doctors can have limited knowledge of some things. Don't feel guilty! You were literally "screaming" that you were in pain and did not get appropriate treatment.

I'm glad you are getting what you need now. Take it easy.

Pat 110 02-05-2010 07:33 PM

Yay! I am so happy you are getting the help you so desperately need. Don't feel the least bit guilty about your former neuro. Just concentrate on getting well! Please keep us updated as you feel up to it. Take good care sweety!;)

Big Hugs,
Pat

Joanmarie63 02-05-2010 08:24 PM

:yahoo: AWESOME NEWS :yahoo:

I am so glad you are finally getting the help you need! Sadly when it comes to people like you and me who are not "normal" MGers we can get lost in the day to day as far as Dr.s go. But Hey, you got it made now girl!

:hug:

Koala77 02-05-2010 10:24 PM

What wonderful news Erin. I'm so pleased for you! :hug: