NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Need Backup! Want to start an SCS/Pain Pump Forum (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/113949-backup-start-scs-pain-pump-forum.html)

Rrae 02-05-2010 07:31 PM

Need Backup! Want to start an SCS/Pain Pump Forum

Hi Friends
I have talked to some of the Admin Re: having access to an easy-to-find seperate Forum for Spinal Cord Stimulators/Pain Pumps.

There have been increasing numbers of threads started and New Members coming on board wanting to talk about these implants. They are becoming more 'common-place' in the medical field of pain management, even to where the Dr's are practically forcing patients to get these. It is raising much concern and many people are becoming more desperate for answers/support/discussion.
The majority of discussion is here on the RSD forum, which is fantastic. Yet, there are more discussions and questions being raised on some of the other forums, such as the Spinal Disorder, Chronic Pain, Peripheral Neuropathy, as these implants transend the barriers of RSD only. When someone comes to the board for advice, it is a 'hit-and-miss' in trying to track down pertinent information, even by using the 'search' feature. It would be vitally advantageous to be able to go to a direct forum for this topic.

I have looked on other pain forums that have specific SCS/Pain Pump topics....but NONE compare to Neurotalk. Most others are spattered with strife and discontent. There is something very special about Neurotalk. The genuine warmth and caring friendship is what NT is all about. I strongly believe this would add yet another wonderful component to NT in which many MANY people would benefit greatly.

In order to get a new forum specifically for these implants, we will need current members to actively participate in discussions to keep it going.

Would you be willing to share your experience? The more people who share, the more diversified this topic will be, success stories, unsuccessful,..... People are VERY hungry for this information!

Feedback? Comments?

Abbie 02-05-2010 07:53 PM

Rrae...

Please post your request on the Community & Forum Feedback...

There is a thread for new forum requests....
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread27824.html

DocJohn began this forum with the following post:

Guidelines for New Forum Requests

1. New forums will be created upon member request. You should be a member in good standing here, and have been a member for at least a month before making a request.

2. Requests should be largely based upon a perceived or real need for a new health or mental health topic. One way to determine need is to see that a subtopic keeps coming up time and time again in an existing forum. In such a situation, it would appear there would be a lot of interest in such a topic in its own forum (or subforum).

3. New forums will be given 45 days to show that activity and interest in the forum is sufficient to keep it.

4. Forums that don't have at least 30 posts after 45 days will be considered for moving to another forum as a sub-forum.

5. Forums that don't have at least 10 posts after 45 days will have their posts moved to another appropriate forum and the forum will be deleted.

6. Please post your new forum requests to the sticky "New Forum Requests" thread (no other thread, please!).

Chemar 02-05-2010 08:06 PM

just adding that I wasnt aware of a request for a new forum? so not sure who you had spoken with rrae

but yes, asking on the thread Abbie has linked is best

most likely DocJohn would start it as a subforum on the forum most related, so I guess Chronic Pain? or are you seeing this as specifically for RSD pain?

knowing that will help me to alert DocJohn to the request and ask for the subforum.

if it grows enough, he may be willing to consider opening it as a separate board:)

Rrae 02-05-2010 08:49 PM

Thank you!

Ok, I posted the request where you indicated.
I wasn't sure I should post an 'official' request just yet, until the friends here gave some input

Thank you for your help!

I spoke to a moderator this morning asking how to submit a request for consideration and she pointed me to the post by DocJon.
Everyone is very helpful :)

lostmary 02-05-2010 10:12 PM

You know I will, and I know others that would join in also

Hugs
Mary

vannafeelbettr 02-06-2010 09:38 AM

Count me in!

:hug: Vanna

edever34 02-06-2010 10:52 AM

I have SCS count me in-I will always help out our fellow RSD sufferers-Carol

ALASKA MIKE 02-06-2010 11:52 AM

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rrae 02-07-2010 09:50 PM

Thank you all !

Keep em comin !

I haven't heard yet if we will get a subforum or not. I think it said it could take up to a week or so before they consider.

:grouphug:

Chemar 02-08-2010 01:32 PM

Hi Rae

as so many members at NeuroTalk deal with pain, DocJohn has made a new subforum for SCS and Pain Pumps on the medications forum here at NT

here is the link
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum118.html

congrats on getting your new subforum. :)

I am also going to do a sticky thread here on RSD with a link to it