NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Photos of Blizzard (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/114007-photos-blizzard.html)

nide44 02-06-2010 11:26 AM

Photos of Blizzard

If you're interested, I popped my head out the door(s) and took a few pix today.
Its still snowing, and White-Out conditions are evident
in the counties and I-95 form D.C to NJ.
This is about the 16"-18" accumulation.
Double (26"-30") is predicted by the end late tonite.

Click on my icon (sailboat) or screen name,
and go to my album 'Blizzard".

echoes long ago 02-06-2010 01:29 PM

no snow on the ground here at all. Good job keeping it south for us Bob!

Your neighborhood looks a lot like Greenpoint Brooklyn.

Brian 02-06-2010 01:46 PM

Wow, that is amazing Bob, never seen anything like that before, couldn't get over the thickness of the snow on the cars & elsewere..... and here we are over here worrying about bush fires, i will never complain about our winters ever again mate :)

cyclelops 02-06-2010 03:23 PM

Isn't it pretty??

(Better you than me to enjoy all that winter beauty!)

Sounds like your area got it the worst!

mrsD 02-06-2010 04:41 PM

OMG, that is alot of snow!

We sometimes get that type storm, maybe once every 10 yrs or so.

I've been looking at the Norfolk and Blackwater eagle cams...both females are covered in snow! The female at Norfolk laid her 3rd egg today around noon! Typically Norfolk is not affected by snow this much. It is painful watching the birds cope with the wind, cold, and snow too!

You be careful, Bob! Don't hurt yourself!

Mere 02-06-2010 05:23 PM

Nice pictures Bob. My husband and I have been digging all day...

Mere

nide44 02-06-2010 05:40 PM

My wife & a neighbor dug her car out, ready to go to work, if necessary.
Another neighbor's son did our walk and supposedly my vehicle- I haven't seen it yet, I'll go tomorrow, its about a block away from our house-could't get any closer on Fri.
All it cost was a bottle of wine to one, and a tip to the other.
Saved me a lot of physical work that I wasn't sure I was up to.

DanP 02-07-2010 01:04 PM

Great pics Bob B ... makes my W. TN 6" of snow look like a wasted effort. But, I lived in Cheyenne for 5 years ('50 - '55) and I saw snow like yours every winter. Having a couple of feet of snow (or more) on the ground with 40 mph winds & temps of 20 below zero made trying to stay warm almost impossible. In Cheyenne they only have 2 seasons: Winter and Frontier Days ... a 2 week 'grandaddy of 'em all' rodeo that occurs in August. But despite what I just said, I prefer freezing temps rather than 100° temps --- can almost always put on enough to stay warm but never can take off enough to stay cool. LoL
Hope you get dug out soon.

Kitt 02-07-2010 02:27 PM

-30 below (actual temperature) and howling winds and no power for 18 hours and plenty of snow. Oh yeah, it's fun. This happened more than a time or two at that. We are tough:Tip-Hat:

nide44 02-08-2010 09:51 AM

I went to my truck and saw that the kid didn't do a decent job on Sat.
Spent 2 3/4 hours digging around it so that I could get out, but they haven't plowed that street yet and there are stranded vehicles in the road, so I walked to work today.
My wife had to go im to the hospital and work yesterday. she got her car out, but it was so bad, she left it at the hospital on the plowed lot and got a ride home. We walked to the bus stop and one came along almost immediately.
I tried to clear off some of the walk in front of my shop, but tired easily and just threw a lot of salt out the front door. Someone had shoveled the walk on the N side of my building (I'm on a corner) over the weekend. I dunno who, but a heap of thanks when I find out. I'm 'pooped'.