NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   chills--- have you ever noticed this? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/114016-chills-noticed.html)

ALASKA MIKE 02-06-2010 01:51 PM

chills--- have you ever noticed this?

when i get the chills run down from my neck to my low back my crps pain in my lower legs/ankles/feet goes away for a few seconds.

i wish i could repeat this over and over but i cant.

has anybody else noticed this yet?

ALASKA MIKE 02-06-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALASKA MIKE (Post 618688)
when i get the chills run down from my neck to my low back my crps pain in my lower legs/ankles/feet goes away for a few seconds.

i wish i could repeat this over and over but i cant.

has anybody else noticed this yet?

right after i posted this, i got the chills and i felt it in my upper legs too!!

mellowguy 02-06-2010 01:59 PM

Chilla rean't the word...but,, to answer your question..yes. Sometimes the chills last for hours. I thought it was withdrawl symtoms from the meds. Turns out,,the system in the body that regulates our internal temp, has been disturbed..as such. The only relief I find from it is to drink somethng quite warm like Hot chocolate because of the caffeine that helps raise the body temperature. Usually after an hour it subsides. I never know when they will hit. Usually occurs at the most inconvienent time. But..what else is new. A side arm of the beast I guess.

AintSoBad 02-06-2010 01:59 PM

I think I know what you mean, Mike.
It seems to be like a pain gate type thing.
Ya know? You feel one thing rather than the other...

pete

mellowguy 02-06-2010 02:04 PM

I also believe it doesn't help to live in the cliamate that we live in. I reside in the snow capital of New York state. Doesn't take much to get a chill. A heating pad on the affected area offers some relief also, or I jump into the hottub and turn it up to 104 and just sit and enjoy the warmth. But, there is a downside to this for me. The weight of the water can cause more discomfort then the relief I get from the heated water. So it's like can't have one without the other. Good luck to you, Hope you feel better real soon.

vannafeelbettr 02-06-2010 02:20 PM

adrenal gland problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellowguy (Post 618694)
Chilla rean't the word...but,, to answer your question..yes. Sometimes the chills last for hours. I thought it was withdrawl symtoms from the meds. Turns out,,the system in the body that regulates our internal temp, has been disturbed..as such. The only relief I find from it is to drink somethng quite warm like Hot chocolate because of the caffeine that helps raise the body temperature. Usually after an hour it subsides. I never know when they will hit. Usually occurs at the most inconvienent time. But..what else is new. A side arm of the beast I guess.

if you find that caffeine helps, that is because caffeine stimulates that adrenal gland......and it is the adrenal gland (along with nervous system) that regulates body temperature. People with chronic pain, usually also suffer from an exhausted adrenal gland; just to add to our list of symptoms and problems:rolleyes:

hannah1234 02-08-2010 01:16 AM

I wish!!! :) If it takes your pain away YAY!

loretta 02-08-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellowguy (Post 618696)
I also believe it doesn't help to live in the cliamate that we live in. I reside in the snow capital of New York state. Doesn't take much to get a chill. A heating pad on the affected area offers some relief also, or I jump into the hottub and turn it up to 104 and just sit and enjoy the warmth. But, there is a downside to this for me. The weight of the water can cause more discomfort then the relief I get from the heated water. So it's like can't have one without the other. Good luck to you, Hope you feel better real soon.

Hi mellowguy, I just thought I would mention what I read on RSDSA about water temperature. It was written we need pool water to be 86 degrees. When I do use the pool heater, 86 seems comfortable- colder water doesn't. They also said hot temperature is usually 104-5 and is too hot for us. I don't remember the consequences. Take care-always enjoy your thoughts, your friend, loretta:grouphug:

keep smilin 02-08-2010 05:23 PM

Know whats funny??!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loretta (Post 619379)
Hi mellowguy, I just thought I would mention what I read on RSDSA about water temperature. It was written we need pool water to be 86 degrees. When I do use the pool heater, 86 seems comfortable- colder water doesn't. They also said hot temperature is usually 104-5 and is too hot for us. I don't remember the consequences. Take care-always enjoy your thoughts, your friend, loretta:grouphug:

Since this thread began..I have been paying closer attention...oh my..I am a hot and chilly mess... I can't even tell when it travels the heat and cold if I feel a change in my pain...just my body goes on fire then I can't warm up...

Once againn.....KS is loosing her mind!!!:grouphug:

mellowguy 02-08-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loretta (Post 619379)

your probably right loretta. As for me, the hot tub includes the massage from the jets on low along with the water temp. It seems to relax the spasms that occur when the pain level increases. Here is aother one for ya. After I have been in the hot tub for at least 1/2 hour, I jump out and plunge my foot into the snow. It shocks the nerve endings and causes complete shut down of the pain receptors. I don't feel the cold of the snow or the pain for at least an hour. I told my neuro about it and he thought I was in need of some serious couseling. But, he said if it works for you,,go for it. I don't do it too often, only when I'm at my edge of tolerance. After 14 yrs. and counting I try what ever I think will help. Not always do I get relief with what I try. Thanks for your reply,,,mellowguy