NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Severe headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/114032-severe-headache.html)

tysondouglass 02-07-2010 03:04 AM

Severe headache

So this going on my 7th hour of a severe headache, pounding directly in my frontal lobe. Should I be worried about this? In trying to fall asleep yet it won't go away. Yet hopefully I can't sleep.

Could it be a reaction to the cellcept, just starting? I'm on 2000mg a day, so maybe? Also should I report it to my neuro?

Thx.

bluesky 02-07-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysondouglass (Post 618879)
So this going on my 7th hour of a severe headache, pounding directly in my frontal lobe. Should I be worried about this? In trying to fall asleep yet it won't go away. Yet hopefully I can't sleep.

Could it be a reaction to the cellcept, just starting? I'm on 2000mg a day, so maybe? Also should I report it to my neuro?

Thx.

Tyson,

I can't answer your question about cellcept, but I think a pounding headache lasting several hours deserves a call to your neuro.

I'm always wondering if I should call my doctor too. I'll tell you, before mg I had almost a 100% wrong record with me and my children: I'd always call and it turned out to be nothing, and I wouldn't call when it turned out I should have. I guess the lesson is to always call! Except I'm like you, I always worry about bothering people unnecessarily. It's probably something to do with how I was raised. But - you shouldn't do that. Just call. It's their job!!!!!

Ally

Pat 110 02-07-2010 08:48 AM

Tyson, if you still have the headache you should call your neuro, if you haven't already, or go to the ER. If this is something new for you, don't let it go. Let us know how you're doing.;)

Hugs,
Pat

Joanmarie63 02-07-2010 09:15 AM

Tyson,

When I get these headaches it is usually due to my breathing, how is your breathing right now, are you getting enough air? Are you able to exhale completely?

I would call your Dr. if it doesn't go away soon.

Please keep us updated.

AnnieB3 02-07-2010 09:48 AM

A severe headache is an EMERGENCY. You need to go directly to the ER NOW. Call an ambulance if necessary. This is one of the top reasons to go in. There could be many things, not the least of which is an aneurysm.

Please, Tyson, go in.

Annie

tysondouglass 02-07-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieB3 (Post 618942)
A severe headache is an EMERGENCY. You need to go directly to the ER NOW. Call an ambulance if necessary. This is one of the top reasons to go in. There could be many things, not the least of which is an aneurysm.

Please, Tyson, go in.

Annie

It's going away, yet when I cough it's very painful in one spot. Could that mean an aneursym? When I walk the headache comes back. Maybe I should go get an MRI?

tysondouglass 02-07-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysondouglass (Post 618947)
It's going away, yet when I cough it's very painful in one spot. Could that mean an aneursym? When I walk the headache comes back. Maybe I should go get an MRI?

Also when I was in my crisis 2 weeks ago, coughing hurt in the same exact spot in my left frontal lobe. MRI time?!

DesertFlower 02-07-2010 10:48 AM

Dehydration can cause headaches. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water.

Please call your doctor or go to the ER if this is something new for you.

Take care.

:hug:

Droopyannie 02-07-2010 03:53 PM

headache

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysondouglass (Post 618879)

Thx.

Hi, I just joined Neurotalk and MG is something that has come up for me more recently. I have been diagnosed with ocular MG but think it is generalized. But I wanted to respond to your headache question. First off, Cellcept can cause headaches a a side effect. But it can also cause some more serious problems in the brain, so I think you need to let your doctor know what is going on. Good luck to you. I get terrible headaches and hate them.
Droopyannie

AnnieB3 02-07-2010 04:35 PM

Tyson, All of the medical experts I know (meaning doctors) all say that an ER is the place for a severe headache, especially a sudden one. You cannot tell by how it feels what is wrong. Because of your "thick blood" and the odd reactions you have had in the past to plasma, the ER is where you should be.

What if there is a narrowing of an artery?

You're on all these drugs, you have had odd symptoms probably not related to MG and now this severe headache. If someone else had all this going on, what would you tell them to do?

Leave it up to the doctors to decide if it's MRI time.

Annie