NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   A Couple of New Quirks...Symptoms??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/114067-couple-quirks-symptoms.html)

coachmomlu 02-07-2010 02:47 PM

A Couple of New Quirks...Symptoms???

Has anyone experienced or heard of these couple of strange things? I've noticed lately that I have a slight tingling sensation going down the left my face (feels like it's under the skin), through my lips, then I get a "snicker" twitch. No that's not a twitch for a Snicker's bar, it's the kind that may looking like snickering.

The other really strange thing is I've had an odd type of hiccup develop. It comes like a single "hup" (that's an unfulfilled hiccup!), then nothing else for maybe hours! Is this a diaphragmatic spasm?

Sure appreciate any feedback you can offer. Thanks!

Conductor71 02-07-2010 06:59 PM

You say tomayto

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachmomlu (Post 619032)
Has anyone experienced or heard of these couple of strange things? I've noticed lately that I have a slight tingling sensation going down the left my face (feels like it's under the skin), through my lips, then I get a "snicker" twitch. No that's not a twitch for a Snicker's bar, it's the kind that may looking like snickering.

The other really strange thing is I've had an odd type of hiccup develop. It comes like a single "hup" (that's an unfulfilled hiccup!), then nothing else for maybe hours! Is this a diaphragmatic spasm?

Sure appreciate any feedback you can offer. Thanks!

Can't say that I have experienced either of those things, though I did get a smile with your candy bar reference. For me, it's likely to be sweets cravings :)

I will add that prior to my diagnosis, I did experience an odd involuntary closing of my eyes or rapid lid fluttering - it was only when talking to people I either didn't know well or when emotional. Clearly, there was a social anxiety component. I think it may have been an early nod to blepharospasm which sometimes goes along with PD. Oddly, since I developed real PD motor symptoms, this early eyeball issue does not happen anymore.

My big indicator that I had PD and not just Essential Tremor was foot cramping, mainly my toes and arch. Unfortunately, that has not gone away :(

Hope someone else can shed some light on this for you.

Laura

coachmomlu 02-07-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conductor71 (Post 619089)
Can't say that I have experienced either of those things, though I did get a smile with your candy bar reference. For me, it's likely to be sweets cravings :)

I will add that prior to my diagnosis, I did experience an odd involuntary closing of my eyes or rapid lid fluttering - it was only when talking to people I either didn't know well or when emotional. Clearly, there was a social anxiety component. I think it may have been an early nod to blepharospasm which sometimes goes along with PD. Oddly, since I developed real PD motor symptoms, this early eyeball issue does not happen anymore.

My big indicator that I had PD and not just Essential Tremor was foot cramping, mainly my toes and arch. Unfortunately, that has not gone away :(

Hope someone else can shed some light on this for you.

Laura

Laura, I have that eye thing going on too! That is the most annoying thing. Mine happens just about anytime I am talking, but gets much worse as the day wears on. Gee, I hope it does go away! So glad you mention that!

Aunt Bean 02-11-2010 06:14 PM

My throat makes a quick gurgle noise sometimes ...like the esophagus spasms

coachmomlu 02-11-2010 06:25 PM

aunt bean, that sounds uncomfortable! does it cause you to choke?

Aunt Bean 02-25-2010 02:01 PM

It is mostly and odd noise. Once I had a tingly sensation on my right leg (the one I turn and drag if low on dopamine) It started in the mid back of my calf muscles and would stay there for seconds, then move down a couple inches.(it kind-of felt like very low current electric impulses) When it got to my heal, it started back up in the same manor (but a couple inches over on the calf ) until it reached about the starting level again...then it was done. It never happened again. This happened after I started taking my fava tincture. My friend said it sounded like a blockage in a meridian. After it happened, my leg was less restless.