NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   My First 911 Call. (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/114309-911-call.html)

SallyC 02-09-2010 11:35 PM

My First 911 Call.

Well, I slipped and went boom, on my new floors and could not get up. I first called DD....NO ANSWER..:mad:. Called 911 and they sent a nice officer hunk and 3 firemen hunks.:o:o:o

One firehunk got on one side of me and one on the other side and lifted my 185 lbs, like it was nothing.:eek: I am so totally embarrassed and really feeling down now. :(

Having a damn cold doesn't help. It just made me weaker. I am going to have to get something, Non-slip for places on this new floor, where I transer to and from my scooter.

Thanks for being here to listen..:grouphug:

EricP 02-09-2010 11:39 PM

Was it due to MS?....Well I'm pretty sure, but maybe there was a banana peel on the floor?...ha-ha

I hope it doesn't happen again to you....

((huggs)))

Twinkletoes 02-09-2010 11:51 PM

Hello, Sally -- I told ya not to wear those Christmas "slippers." :rolleyes:

Or was it b/c of those darned "throw" rugs?

Got any pics of those firehunks? :D

Glad you didn't injure anything more than your pride.

Be keerful!!! :hug:

SallyC 02-09-2010 11:53 PM

It was due to slippery new floors. I slid right to the floor, didn't hurt, but because of my weak left side and no traction and nothing sturdy to hold onto, I couldn't get up..:mad:

ewizabeth 02-09-2010 11:56 PM

Oh Sally..... :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry you fell. I hope you're ok. I'm glad you got hunks to come and pick you up. (You pay taxes for that you know.:p)

I have that problem now and then. I hope this is a one time occurrence. Can you get your construction hunks out there to check the situation and make sure it doesn't happen again? Take care dear... :hug:

SallyC 02-10-2010 12:02 AM

Yes, Im going to e-mail my const. hunks right now, so they will bring mr something non skid for me, when the come tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me..:hug:

Kitty 02-10-2010 12:30 AM

Glad you're okay, Sal. Geeze......the things some people will do to get big, strong men to come to their house! :rolleyes: You just had the construction crew there. Wasn't that enough?! :cool:

Seriously, though, I know that must have been scary. Get some socks with those little traction thingys on the bottom. I have some because of the hardwood floors here. I'd have them...MS or not. They're great!

gonnamakeit 02-10-2010 01:06 AM

Sally, this is very scary. Am glad you are OK, and hope you find a way to deal with your new floors.

Be really careful when getting out of bed if the flooring is there too.

gmi

RedPenguins 02-10-2010 02:05 AM

So sorry to hear about your fall, Sally...but glad you aren't "too" hurt...and that you could find your humor...and yeah, it doesn't suck to have hunky guys lay their hands on you, right? ;)

Judy2 02-10-2010 05:05 AM

Awwwwwww Sally, I'm soooo sorry this miserable disease took a swipe at you. :( I KNOW the feeling -- it's so embarrassing having to call someone to rescue you. Personally I felt like a "beached whale" sitting on the floor waiting for help to arrive.......but then a fall can happen to anyone. Hope you're feeling okay today since a fall can really shake you up. Please be careful and hang on!!! Take care....:)