NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Anyone else disappointed in the Super Bowl ads this year? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/114388-else-disappointed-super-bowl-ads.html)

FaithS 02-10-2010 03:28 PM

Anyone else disappointed in the Super Bowl ads this year?

They're usually the only part of the Super Bowl that I enjoy watching, other than the half-time show. Watched them online. This year, out of over 60 ads, the only two that I enjoyed were the Dorito one about the no-bark collar, and the Betty White football one.

Don't know who the old guy is at the end of the Betty White ad. Is he someone famous?

gonnamakeit 02-10-2010 04:25 PM

My favorite over all the years was the Budweiser frogs. The past few years have been pretty bland.

With all of the kids who take college courses in marketing and advertising one would think some really neat ads would appear, especially for the $2,000,000+ it costs to run them.

This year was disappointing, but I agree with your two choices for the best of this year.

Many ads I see on the television are so dumb that I don't even know what is being advertised when the ad is finished running. Companies are wasting their $$$ on me for sure.

gmi

Dejibo 02-10-2010 06:43 PM

I like the betty white thing. Other than that, I didnt really sit and watch it. The DH watched some off and on. I missed pepsi, but was proud of their choice to not throw millions of dollars at it.

Erin524 02-10-2010 07:10 PM

I didnt watch the superbowl. Dinnertime that night coincided with the half time show, so I did watch The Who. Roger Daltrey still looks pretty good for a guy who's a couple of years younger than my dad...the light show looked pretty good, but it wasnt The Who's best effort. I gave them a pass for the effort tho.

Seeing Townsend's belly button showing thru his shirt that kept blowing open was kind of creepy. I dont think he was really playing his guitar. It didnt quite seem like the music exactly lined up with the times that his hands were actually on the guitar.

Daltrey was actually singing tho. Sad that he cant hit the notes that he did when he was younger. He's still cool tho. I still love him.

Risby 02-11-2010 09:21 AM

Disappointed

I was disappointed in the ads this year. The doritos one with the bark collar was the only one that gave me a chuckle.

The other doritos ad where the child slaps the adult left me speechless! :confused:

I thought that one was awful and saw absolutely no humor in the kid's action.

Budweiser really disappointed me , I look forward to their ads with the Clydesdales every year and was disappointed they didn't have any super cute "ooh,aah" ads this year. the one I did see was cute.

The poor "Who" I thought it was an OK show but poor Roger has lost his voice[and great body] but I wasn't thrilled by the show.

All-in all- it was a so-so Super Bowl.

Debbie D 02-11-2010 10:00 AM

Told DH "We are really OLD...these ads are totally aimed at the younger ones."
But who's got the money to spend on the things advertised? :rolleyes:

kicker 02-11-2010 12:41 PM

The Who just made me feel old. Used to love them back when we were all young. Friend of DH said "should change their name from Who to Why." Ads weren't great either. Buffalo Chicken Wings and Pigs in a Blanket were though.

FaithS 02-11-2010 01:53 PM

Here's a link to the ads, if you didn't see them:
http://superbowl-ads.com/article_archive/?page_id=6980
~ Faith

Erin524 02-11-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 620745)
The Who just made me feel old. Used to love them back when we were all young. Friend of DH said "should change their name from Who to Why." Ads weren't great either. Buffalo Chicken Wings and Pigs in a Blanket were though.

Maybe they can change their name to "What?!??!" Since they're all mostly deaf from all the loud music.

SallyC 02-11-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithS (Post 620353)
Don't know who the old guy is at the end of the Betty White ad. Is he someone famous?

Abe Vagoda!!