NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   I think my eyeballs are gonna fall out (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/114795-eyeballs-gonna-fall.html)

Blessings2You 02-16-2010 03:56 PM

I think my eyeballs are gonna fall out

Got home from getting groceries about 10, picked up the mail and there was my book from Amazon!! I found out how long it takes me to read a 300 page book: about five hours, less however long it took to fix lunch, eat, etc.

"Picking Cotton" by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton, a memoir about a man wrongfully accused of rape and the woman who was raped.

Erin524 02-16-2010 04:07 PM

I just ordered a book from Amazon last night...and it wasnt a Kindleized book, but a real paper book. I cant wait for it to come in the mail. I still like real books. (it's just a paperback novel, for the tv show Stargate Atlantis)

I had a $5 credit from Amazon because of a download problem with my Kindle a few weeks ago, so I blew that on the paper book...it pretty much just paid for the shipping.

It's just always fun to get a new book to read. I love sitting down and reading a book and getting so engrossed in it that I dont realize 6 hours have gone by. Doesnt matter if it's a paper book, or an ebook on my Kindle. I just love getting so into a book that I forget everything else. That's fun!

Kitty 02-16-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 622452)
Got home from getting groceries about 10, picked up the mail and there was my book from Amazon!! I found out how long it takes me to read a 300 page book: about five hours, less however long it took to fix lunch, eat, etc.

"Picking Cotton" by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton, a memoir about a man wrongfully accused of rape and the woman who was raped.

I want to read this book, too, B2Y. I saw this lady on the Dr. Phil show when he had another lady on who had falsely accused a man of rape and he spent 13 years in jail. I usually don't watch his program but wanted to see this particular episode.

tkrik 02-16-2010 06:51 PM

Dang B2Y! I am impressed. That is awesome. I am not sure I could do that. Well, actually, I probably could but wouldn't remember anything I read.:o I used to do that all the time. But MS changed that for me.

Congratulations on finishing the book. It does sound like a really good book. Isn't that a true story or based on a true story? It sounds familiar. EDIT: Never mind. It's a memoir. DUH!

Blessings2You 02-16-2010 07:17 PM

It was a fascinating book, and it was cool that I got it on one of my "on" days, reading-wise. On an "off" day, I read a page and realize I have no idea what I just read.