NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   My DeAnne's oldest cat passed away (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/114869-deannes-cat-passed.html)

DiMarie 02-17-2010 02:52 PM

My DeAnne's oldest cat passed away

My De's first cat was 18 years old. A big old fluffy persian hymalian. I have 4 others that were hers, 2 boys and 2 girls. Can't even think of going through this which each one.....the three younger lived with her, tigger and Kitty stayed at home as she grew older.

I could see he was slowing and weak, the last weekend though he really had a sad meow cry/whine. He could not eat, drink, poop like usual. I took him to the vet, I had no money and ds came up to take me. Mr. Kitty was his buddy truely.

When we got to the vet at that point he was so dehydrated, not able to stand, not drinking. His temp was down to 93 and should be at 99. He just lay there. Even if I had the money, the chances to get him to be able to maintain his body temp were nil.
We had to put him asleep and it is so upsetting for me. He was so close to me after my oldest married. Every night he slept with me and would wait for my eyes to peek open to whine to be fed his soft food.

Over the years he had many flares of the blocked urinary and pulled through, with heafty $500 to $1,000 price tags.I never thought I would do that but ds had a credit card and each time brought him through the crisis. That cat had a lot more them 9 lives.

I just miss my campanion, I know he is back with De now. But I ache for them both.

I just could not bare anymore heartache with the legal mess my ex created.
My chest just aches.....

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/DCP_2282.jpg

mrsD 02-17-2010 03:11 PM

Oh, I am so sorry. This type of passing of a beloved pet (with all the memories) is so difficult. :hug: :hug:

We have a 24 yr old cat and a 16yr old. (+ one who is 9)
I watch the older two very carefully.

The 24 yr old has outlived the vet's prediction by 6 yrs so far.
I've noticed she cannot see as well lately, and that is a problem.
It is hard to tell when cats suffer. Sometimes they don't complain, etc. So I jump every time I hear her wheeze or cough!

Kitty 02-17-2010 03:16 PM

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet. :(

Dmom3005 02-17-2010 05:33 PM

Sorry to hear about the Kitty.

Sending you some hugs.

Donna

waves 02-17-2010 06:01 PM

ohh

Dear Di,

you have my heartfelt sympathy.
i'm sending you some (((hugs))) for this difficult time.

~ waves ~

mymorgy 02-17-2010 06:58 PM

what pain you are feeling...i am so sorry.you were both so fortunate to have had each other. i hope so hope we meet each other in a world to come
bobby

bizi 02-17-2010 08:37 PM

Oh Di,
I am sorry about your buddy....
I know how hard it is to lose a fur baby.
we lost one of ours last year and it hurt so badly for my hubby.
It was his cat.
And that this was one of her cats.....I understand that too.
I inherited my brothers cockatile when he died....It was very hard when "Baby" died....it was the last living thing associated with my brother michael that I had.
I am sorry that you are having to deal with other issues as well.
I am glad to hear that you have other furbabys to love.
They need you as you need them.
hugs to you tonight
((((((((HUGS))))))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 02-17-2010 08:50 PM

Dear Di

I'm so sorry. It's so sad to loose a cat. I'm so sorry. I lost a cat about 3 years ago,and I was grieved about it for weeks. I couldn't believe that she was dieing. She had liver problems,and she stoped eating. I brought her to the vet,and they said she was suffering,and that the bile was very high in her blood. She had developed a Liver disease.

I was praying for her,and puting a cross on her forehead with my tears. I spent the last 15 minutes with her before they put her to sleep. I was so heart broken. My heart,and her heart where gently weaved together. She was all I had. I have another cat now,but I loved my other cat more. BF:(:(:hug::hug:

Pamster 02-18-2010 07:54 PM

Oh Di, I am so sorry for your loss, words fail me as I can still cry about losing our beloved furry friend and it was over ten years ago. I hope you are doing all right. Take care. :hug:

Twinkletoes 02-18-2010 08:11 PM

Awww, Di, I'm so sorry about the kitty. :hug:

That's tough to see a part of your daughter leave. And even tougher thinking about having to go through it again with the rest of her kitties. :hug:

She must have had a very tender heart to have provided a home for all these felines. I can tell her mother does, too. :)

I pray that your heart will be comforted at this time. :hug: