NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   keyboard glitching (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/115343-keyboard-glitching.html)

Chemar 02-24-2010 08:50 AM

keyboard glitching

my logitech dinovo keyboard suddenly is weird as some keys type strange combos

using onscreen at present

here are examples in case anyone knows what causes this

i have unplugged,new batteries,cleaned,rebooted,scanned,checked settings etc

for g it types gt

for 0 [0

legt4 me gt4rhy7 gt4o gt4hy7pe a sengt4ence

that is 'let me type a sentence'

weird:confused:

any clues?

mrsD 02-24-2010 08:59 AM

Sticking keys?

I don't know anything about keyboards, but hubby drops pipe ashes sometimes in the laptop. Last summer some of my keys wouldn't work unless I pounded on them.

I turned it on its side and thumped it alot, and the problem seems to be temporarily gone.

I use a basic old cheapy Dell :confused:... I think this is a question for Jo!

Chemar 02-24-2010 10:16 AM

no keys arent sticking and it is clean

i called logitech and am delighted to say they are sending me a new keyboard.
excellent customer support:)

mrsD 02-24-2010 10:20 AM

oh cool! That's the way to go!

BOB FROM N.O. 02-25-2010 11:54 AM

keyboard glitching

Hi
Chemar. What an unusual problem.

When I was working I repaired Teletype machines. We saw this kind of a problem while typing one letter we got another character.

The problem usually was caused when levers that created the codes got stuck. But with modern computers and modern keyboard that shouldn’t happen.

I’d be interested if a new keyboard fixes the problem.

Thanks for sharing

BOB :):):)

Chemar 02-25-2010 01:05 PM

thanks Bob

i am using by son's old spare basic keyboard for now till my replacement arrives from logitech and having no problems

they couldnt figure out on the phone what may have caused the glitch and felt I had already covered all the areas they usually troubleshoot for this problem

they indicated it was usually either a numbers lock/language/regional setting, or liquid on the keyboard that commonly causes strange key coding.

Jomar 02-25-2010 03:17 PM

I get crumbs in our keyboard, from other users- not only me..., they don't usually cause a problem unless it's a big one blocking the key action..
I have had to rinse mine out a few times before also, most times it works as long as it dries fully before use.
I have a spare kb on hand just in case, the onscreen keyboard would be too much mouse work for my hands/arms.

yours probably just got some worn out internals or bad connectors inside.

nice that they are sending a new replacement for you.:D

Chemar 03-01-2010 08:21 PM

got my new keyboard today and I LOVE it. It is a newer version and has adjustable legs which is perfect for me to raise it higher than average

cool wireless mouse came with it too

thanks logitech :D sure is the best customer service I have had for a looooong time (most recent not good experiences being HP and Microsoft:rolleyes::rolleyes:)