NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   I am crushed... I need your prayers (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/115508-am-crushed-prayers.html)

keep smilin 02-25-2010 07:25 PM

I am crushed... I need your prayers

Please my family..help me as just today my sweet Mom was diagnosised with colon cancer... I was at her bedside in tears..we must, my brothers and I decide for her , she has moderate deminsha..what path to take..but first that are scanning her in case it has spread..if it has then we are too late for intervention (surgery)... I am just a mess as my RSD stuff and now this is so major life concerns..help..

luv, k:grouphug:

AintSoBad 02-25-2010 07:57 PM

KS
I've assisted my sister in law who had colon cancer.
I know the battle.
It's extremely difficult.
My heart goes to you!

If it hasn't spread, surgery or a colostomy may be in order.
It will be day by day.

Bring your family together in Faith and Love!

I will keep your Mom and your family in my prayers!

Pete

dreambeliever128 02-25-2010 08:11 PM

Hi,

I have a brother fighting colon cancer. He was diagnoses about 2 years ago and has went through a lot of treatment but his is still going strong.

My prayers are with you. It's a long road but there are people who live for years after cancer.

Ada

keep smilin 02-25-2010 08:26 PM

Thank you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 (Post 626221)
I have a brother fighting colon cancer. He was diagnoses about 2 years ago and has went through a lot of treatment but his is still going strong.

My prayers are with you. It's a long road but there are people who live for years after cancer.

Ada

thank you Ada and Pete..

I appreciate your thoughts.. Unfortunately... my Mom is 80 and suffers among other things..moderate demenshia..diabetes and heart problems too..So far I was told she is considered a moderate risk surgical patient..first we need to have the results for the cT scan for any spread..althou in the last few months, I have been saying to her nurse (she lives in an advanced care facility) that I and others see a yellow pigment to her skin..this is where I am now scared as possibly liver involvement...altho her chemistry panel does not reveal it..I saw it..and they poo pooed me!!

My heart hurts...k

SandyRI 02-25-2010 08:33 PM

I am so sorry. You need to wait for the results of the tests. It is going to be hard no matter what - faith in God and the strength of your loved ones will be a tremendous help. I will keep you in my prayers....Love Sandy

bobber 02-25-2010 09:40 PM

My heart goes out to you kathy,,I will pray that the Lord will suffice you and your family with a miracle,,,pray,,pray then pray again,,,much love to you,,,,,,,bobber

Wilbyfree 02-25-2010 10:26 PM

My friend KS, I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you, your mother and family in my constant prayers. God will give strength that you didn't even know existed.

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March of last year. As of right now he is beating it. Win or lose I was and am just so grateful to be able to share that time with him.

Joshua 1:9
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

God Bless you.
Jeanie

cindi1965 02-25-2010 10:33 PM

I am so sorry for what you are going through, you and your family will be at the top of my prayer list:hug:

hope4thebest 02-26-2010 12:58 AM

Dear Kathy,

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of the hardship you are going through and your Mom's illness.... Please take care of yourself as you take care of your Mom.

For the last 4 weeks I have been taking care of my 97 year old mother who was in the hosptial with pneumonia and is now back home trying to regain her strength. I really didn't think she would pull through but outcomes are always unpredictable....

Try and take it day by day...I know how hard it is for you and your family right now and I am holding you in my thoughts...
I know it is easier said than done, but please try and rest and take care of youself, too..
Special prayers for your Mom..
Hope4thebest :hug: :hug: :hug:

keep smilin 02-26-2010 06:27 AM

So nice...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hope4thebest (Post 626321)
Dear Kathy,

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of the hardship you are going through and your Mom's illness.... Please take care of yourself as you take care of your Mom.

For the last 4 weeks I have been taking care of my 97 year old mother who was in the hosptial with pneumonia and is now back home trying to regain her strength. I really didn't think she would pull through but outcomes are always unpredictable....

Try and take it day by day...I know how hard it is for you and your family right now and I am holding you in my thoughts...
I know it is easier said than done, but please try and rest and take care of youself, too..
Special prayers for your Mom..
Hope4thebest :hug: :hug: :hug:

You are all wonderful friends... my family!! I cant tell you how much I appreciate your uplifting words and prayers..You all mean so much to me!! I will keep you posted on what today spells out as we receive the test results back and make our decision on the best quality of life path for my Mom... Bless you all...

Much love to each of you...
Kathy:grouphug: