NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Avonex PS (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/115580-avonex-ps.html)

PatriciaQ 02-26-2010 08:16 PM

Avonex PS

"Avonex PS" beings again....
took it back awhile ago, didn't go as well as I thought it would, but
that could be due to the fact, they gave a full HIGH dose, for starters dum dum dr.s should of been ahalf a dose, but "back" to normal "Avonex" I went heh maybe this time round, it'll have a better OUT come on it. Wish Moi :Good-Luck:

If their r other's on it, plzz do give advice on it "Thanx" .

all I know is its a
"strouger & more sideeffects" than the normal "Avonex" ...

SallyC 02-26-2010 08:43 PM

Never heard of it Brat. Is it an increased dose, like Rebif? Anyway, I had horrible sides from the regular Avonex, so no way would I try a stronger one.:eek:

Good luck, I hope it works for you.:hug:

Bets 02-26-2010 08:47 PM

When I first started I pre medicated with an advil and a tylenol and then took an advil and a tylenol every 4 hours. I don't need to any more. Now I take one advil and one tylenol when I take my shot. Then I take another tylenol if I start to feel cruddy. I take my shot in the evening because sometimes it makes me tired.

I like the tylenol arthritis, it seems to help the aches and pains better.

PatriciaQ 02-26-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 626693)
Never heard of it Brat. Is it an increased dose, like Rebif? Anyway, I had horrible sides from the regular Avonex, so no way would I try a stronger one.:eek:

Good luck, I hope it works for you.:hug:

Normal "Avonex" which is power form, is "discontinued"
since this coming month...

having to change to "Avonex PS" now...
strouger, ant GREAT but what can u do, just be my :Good-Luck:charm...

SallyC sry, it's be FOREVER, only come in from time to time...your in my thoughts tho...:hug: Hope your doing WELL...

2cute4words 02-27-2010 02:30 PM

Brat, I was on the prefilled syringes for a long time, just Dc'd it due to a pair of nasty flares this fall. I had very few side effects switching from the powder to the PS form. Some of the initial reactions did resurface, but they faded before long.

I found out, quite by accident, that I did much better with side effects if I did my shot in the late morning to early afternoon. My worst symptoms tended to come about 12 hours after my shot.

Also, treated with a 2 tabs of Arthritis Strength Tylenol, an hour before the shot, and every six to 8 hours the rest of that day and all the next.

Good luck to you, I was happy to be done with the chemistry set of the vials and powders. If they're still sending the instruction DVD, see if they'll send you a copy. I'd be on it still if doc would let me.

Susan

Quote:

Originally Posted by CINDERBRAT (Post 626685)
"Avonex PS" beings again....
heh maybe this time round, it'll have a better OUT come on it. Wish Moi :Good-Luck:

If their r other's on it, plzz do give advice on it "Thanx" .

all I know is its a
"strouger & more sideeffects" than the normal "Avonex" ...

PatriciaQ 02-27-2010 10:10 PM

OM:eek: youv've been, more than helpfull WOW more than I can say.
it's GREAT advice. Never knew, all about it, untill now.

You've be the BEST really??? "Thanx u" keep u updated k.

Question:did u mean a DVD of the "Avonex PS prefilled" ones....???