NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What makes me happy? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/115688-makes-happy.html)

legzzalot 02-28-2010 10:35 PM

What makes me happy?

Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and vanilla syrup stirred with a peppermint stick!

This is my late night pick me up after a rotten day, DH2B is sick, DD came home and refused to eat the homemade manicotti I spent 2 hours cooking and then decided to tell me she didn't like me or my food, Mom is here to spend the night and now she is getting sick.

For some reason I was sitting here crocheting and enjoying the quiet of the house when I had a mad craving for hot chocolate. So there! Now I am happy!

Erin524 02-28-2010 11:55 PM

Crocheting, knitting, and reading makes me happy. Shopping for yarn makes me happy. Shopping for fancy new crochet hooks and knitting needles makes me happy.

Finishing a crochet or knitting project makes me really happy. (I just finished a crocheted shawl today)

Basically, anything yarn related will make me happy.

Oh, and chocolate. Chocolate always makes me happy. So, if I have yarn and chocolate, I'm ecstatic! I just have to make sure the chocolate doesnt stain the yarn.

legzzalot 03-01-2010 07:04 AM

LOL DH2B told me that was why he loved me so much. $10 worth of yarn and I was entertained for the entire weekend.

Working on a blanket for my mom. it's going to be awesome. I have almost finished a quater of it. Takes me longer to crochet now a days since my hand starts hurting after an hour or so.

soxmom 03-01-2010 07:58 AM

Hey Legz, I have a crocheting question. Last night I was crocheting
and I was getting dizzy and sick to my stomach. I would put it down
and the feeling would go away. Pick it up and I would get dizzy again.

Every heard of it? Ever happen to you? Am I crazy?

Im glad your hot chocolate made you happy. You deserve a break, you
have had it rough lately. feel better:hug:

Debbie D 03-01-2010 08:19 AM

Sox, do you wear bifocals? Sometimes if I'm not looking through the exact point of focus I'll feel that way...

What makes me happy...hmmm...chocolate brownies (esp. Ghiradelli), and talking to my DD...and when DH walks in the door after a long day at work...:D

Kitty 03-01-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 627433)
...and when DH walks in the door after a long day at work...:D

Debbie, I can relate to that feeling. I used to hear his car before it turned the corner to our street. Even after years of marriage that sound could still make my heart beat a little faster! :)

Dejibo 03-01-2010 08:45 AM

I have a cup of hot chai tea, with a shot of honey in it when i am having a rotten day. its my private, lil pick me up. Something I do only when I am feeling bruised from my day.

Debbie D 03-01-2010 10:36 AM

Kelly, my dog and I don't hear his car...we don't often know he's home until the squeaky garage door goes up...we have a hybrid, and he coasts up the driveway on electriciy:p:p

legzzalot 03-01-2010 12:12 PM

Sox- no idea on that one. I have had it happen if I am reading, but it is because my ON sneaks in when I am reading, which makes me feel like the room is spinning and makes me want to hurl.

Mom has been having dizzy spells like that lately, it started after they changer her prescription on her bifocals. I think that is what's causing hers. She is going to the doc to check it out just in case.

SallyC 03-01-2010 12:26 PM

I have a quick glint of happiness, when ever I think of my loved ones, including You. :)