NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Depression (https://www.neurotalk.org/depression/)
-   -   Cymbalta (https://www.neurotalk.org/depression/11608-cymbalta.html)

2XZERO 01-20-2007 06:14 PM

Cymbalta

Is there anyone out here that has been taking this cymbalta for any length of time and has adjusted to the side effects? I just started it this morning, have been nausus all day, and would rather not continue in this vain. Does it pass or is this just the tip of the iceberg?

moonstar 01-20-2007 06:38 PM

hi..i was on cymbalta for awile..the side effects for me didn't last long..but i was also on lexapro and zanex at the same time...they had me up to 120mgs a day..and even that high of a dose didn't help. hope the ickiness goes away soon.....

Dmom3005 01-20-2007 07:33 PM

I'm on cymbalta, but honestly not any help I've not been nauseated
on it.

hope it goes away.

Can you try eating crackers and things before you take it.

Donna

Junie 01-20-2007 09:42 PM

I was on 30mg Cymbalta 1x day for 30 days then up to 60mg daily and suddenly began to fall asleep every 5 minutes, sitting, standing, driving, etc and my Dr ( Pcp) yanked me off along with the Zelnorm that caused 3 days of diarrhea and a loss of 19 lbs in 3 days and she said no more new meds for awhile including the chantix for quitting smoking....said I was way oo sensitive for now@

tommyd 01-28-2007 06:34 PM

no problem

I have been on it close to a year and have no complaints and besides depression it seems to have helped some with my back pain, not much, but a little and that's better than nothing. Max strength. :cool:

TipToeTulip 01-30-2007 08:49 AM

I have started this med. 2 weeks ago after discussing a trial period with D.O. to see if it will help with neuropathic pain and/or fibromyalgia.

Due to the drug classification (SSRI) and my taking Paxil, we thought best I discuss first with the Dr. who is prescribing Paxil since this is his expertise. He instructed me to split the 30mg Paxil for 2 weeks, taking the 1/2 tablet at night and then the 20 mg. Cymbalta in the morning, then, after 2 weeks, discontinue the Paxil altogether.

The Cymbalta zonked me, so I called nurse to inquire about taking at night instead of morning, to which the Dr. said was OK. This works much better re: fatigue. I have had no other side effects as of yet.

Due to the unpredictability of fibro it is way too soon to know if it is helping, and as ar as the neuropathic pain goes, I think 20 mg is probably a pretty small dose to notice any results. However, I have always been extremely sensitive to so many meds in the past, so now I am slowly introduced to any new med. But I guess that is the norm for most patients anyway, because it is best to take the smallest dosage necessary to acquire desired beneficial results.

If some unusual side affect comes up, or I have good help with pain, I will post back with this info.

TTT

TipToeTulip 01-30-2007 08:58 AM

I forgot to mention I recently had a moderate Vitamin D deficiency and have been taking prescribed 500,000 IUs 3 x week. I maybe should have waited on the Cymbalta trial. It is best to begin only one thing at a time otherwise I will have to omit one to see which is the "helper". But in this case it is difficult because once my Vitamin D is where it shouold be, I will then go to 400 IU a day instead of the amount above.
TTT