NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Toyota crash (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/116475-toyota-crash.html)

Riverwild 03-11-2010 12:52 PM

Toyota crash

Yes, another one.
The college girl and the fiance were on their way home for spring break.
(silly kids, I would have gone to FL, but I guess they needed to do laundry!)
They were almost home, within 5 miles, and she piled into the back end of a turning car. Her 2008 Toyota Yaris is totalled. The two of them, as well as the other driver are all ok, bumps, bruises, burns from the exploding airbags ( her slacks melted to her leg!) but nothing major, thank God!

Fortunately the kid maintained the full insurance and got some sort of gap insurance on her car from the dealer when she bought the car. She gets a brand new car out of it! Good thing since the insurance never pays off the loan fully when you total, and the car had less than 20 k miles on it.

I was awakened after only two hours sleep, got the two of them home after 6 hours, went to work, got out of work, then drove them both home to deal with the insurance, rent a car, clean out the car and got back home to sleep around 3 p.m.

We tried to talk her into saying the car accelerated into the other car but she wouldn't fall for it. Said it was the sun in her eyes and she didn't see the backside of that car until it was right THERE!

( i think maybe we raised her pretty good, huh?)

What kind of a car is she getting? Why, a new Toyota Yaris...:eek:

SallyC 03-11-2010 01:12 PM

Oh my!!! I'm glad they are both ok. Sheesh, how scary. :hug::hug:

Kitty 03-11-2010 01:25 PM

:eek: How scary!! I'm glad they're both OK.

tkrik 03-11-2010 01:27 PM

Glad everyone was okay! :hug:

You did a great job on raising an honest girl. Congratulations, RW! That is a huge accomplishment. :hug:

Blessings2You 03-11-2010 03:31 PM

I was halfway through your post before I realized you meant YOUR kid!! Yikes! How frightening!

soxmom 03-11-2010 04:10 PM

Im so glad they are okay River. Yikes...young adults and cars:eek:..I have
two so I know how you worry.

hugs to you all!:hug:

karousel 03-11-2010 04:44 PM

So glad everyone is alright. What a nice, honest child you have - must be good upbringing!

Debbie D 03-11-2010 04:45 PM

Glad everyone is all right...maybe she should consider a Corolla...more up front to protect her. My DD25 has a Yaris, and it worries me that the front end is so small...

AfterMyNap 03-11-2010 08:48 PM

What a bummer, but thank goodness no one was injured. I vote for the RJ Cruiser, then the next time, she can drive right over that obstruction.

From the title, I thought you were talking about the recalled cars; I have high suspicions about the guy in the CA Prius, something sounded fishy in his dramatic tale. It won't surprise me if they get a handful of people who do lie in hopes of a lucrative lawsuit. :mad:

DM 03-11-2010 09:27 PM

Holy Carp RW~ Glad they are OK; just waaaay tooooo skeeery!

Take care my friend and get some sleep; you deserve it. Miss ya.