NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Great, now I have to get married! Sheesh! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/116704-married-sheesh.html)

legzzalot 03-14-2010 10:36 PM

Great, now I have to get married! Sheesh!

DD5 decided tonight that it was just not fair that she is an only child. I had to explain to her that mommy cannot have any more babies. Then of course I had to tell her WHY. She then tells me how we got the puppy and now the dog has a little brother, and her aunt is prego again, so her cousin is getting ANOTHER brother or sister, and it's just not fair!!!

She then decided to start hounding DH2B and I about getting married. She ponts out that DH2B has a daughter, which means she would have a sister if we got married. And since Mommy can't have any more babies he better hurry up and marry me so she can get a sister or she will have to find me a new husband.

Oh, but are you ready for how little girls think? Daddy is not allowed to get married or have any more babies. Because daddy is not allowed to spend money on any other kids, and he is not allowed to get married because she is planning on marrying him when she is old enough. So now I have to get married... right now!

LOL Kids.

Twinkletoes 03-15-2010 12:50 AM

Congratulations!

Guess you'd better hurry up and order the cake! :D

karousel 03-15-2010 06:47 AM

Gotta love little girls!! My DD used to bug me for a sister for her - but she had to be her exact same age, like the exact same things, and do whatever my DD wanted her to do. I think she wanted to be cloned! Now she loves being an only child and tells me this all the time.

AZjanie 03-15-2010 07:14 AM

Too Cute!

DH and I HAD to get married too. My DS was in first grade and the class assignment was to write about their family.

He came home with this:

My Mom and I live with our friend Billy. My Grandma (my evil ex MIL) says it is a CIN because my Mom and Billy aren't married.
I don't think they have to get married because my Mom makes cakes for us anyway.

He got an "A" on his report and I am sure the teacher had a good laugh over this one and probably others. DH and I tell everyone we had to get married and yes; we all had cake. :):):)

I still have that report in an envelope with our marriage license.

legzzalot 03-15-2010 08:03 AM

Yeah we had the draw your family assignment. She drew 4 houses.
#1- my house- picture of me, Dh2B (represented by a green stick man because he is a soldier) and all of the animals. (2 dogs, a fish and a hermit crab)

#2- Daddy and his friend he lives with and her boyfriend (also a green stick man because he is a soldier too) and the little green guy is the soldier's kid. Plus all the animals. 2 ferrets, a dog, and some fish.

#3- Grandma and Grandaddy's house with all of the animals and her cousins (all 3) that come over every time she is there. 2 dogs, a goat, a rabbit, 4 birds, 2 cats, fish, and a hermit crab.

#4- DayDay (my mom)'s house- with her other cousins (3 of those too!) and more animals. 2 cats.

Her teacher sent me a note, "Madison's family is so big it has to be split into 4 houses. And my word that is a LOT of animals! Madison is very fortunate to have so much love!" .

LOL and she is bugging me about a sister! :p

karilann 03-15-2010 10:36 AM

Getting married

Well you can't argue with that logic!:D

freeinhou 03-15-2010 12:10 PM

Sounds like you better get moving!

Tom

DM 03-15-2010 05:58 PM

So, are the invites in the mail??? Do I need to buy extra rice??

legzzalot 03-15-2010 10:16 PM

hey, he has been the DH2B for almost 3 years now! We have done for richer or poorer and then somewhere in between, and back down to poorer. We have done in sickness and in health, some times were better, some times were worse...

The only thing left on that checklist the priest gives you is till death.... and ignoring all things going on with my body, I am not in a rush to get to that one.