NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Good News!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/116869-news.html)

SallyC 03-16-2010 01:08 PM

Good News!!

OK, so it's time for a Good News thread again.:)

I could oh so biotch a scream about the big and small inconveniences of this rotten disgusting dispicable rancid disease, but, I want to focus on the positive "Good" news, today.

I'll start...Yesterday, I changed my bedding and Today I had the strength and balance to go to the basement and do my laundry. A great accomplishment, for me.:yahoo:

NEXT........

Kitty 03-16-2010 01:22 PM

I filled the bird feeder by myself! And I actually got most of it in the feeder and not on the porch! :)

karousel 03-16-2010 01:36 PM

I went for a nice walk with my DH and neighbor in the beautiful sunshine. Loved listening to the birds and getting some fresh air.

legzzalot 03-16-2010 02:01 PM

I went grocery shopping! (hey it counts!) Might even cook dinner too! After I write my response to the idiot rental co.

AfterMyNap 03-16-2010 02:13 PM

It's 5 &^%$#@ 9° here and I'm in the glass house with all the windows WIDE open!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

AND, after visiting three (count 'em, 3) Cabela's stores in the space of one (count it, 1) week, I got something really expensive that I really really wanted for SUPER, WAY cheap (LOVE LOVE LOVE those points & coupons)!!!!!

AND, I'm going to take my nap, right now!

pud's friend 03-16-2010 05:20 PM

Had a few days off the Beta and I feel gooooood.
Start copax later today so maybe that'll wipe the smile off my face.

and I have two beautiful horses to play with today before it gets too hot. Off I go...

Dejibo 03-16-2010 05:57 PM

I ordered the new Ipad! www.apple.com if you wanna see it! Im so excited!

legzzalot 03-16-2010 06:09 PM

My friend's baby boy is on his way into this world. We are hoping he stays in til after midnight, but either way.... he is coming! :D

Awwwww I can't wait to go see him. Bet he has that new baby smell!

DM 03-16-2010 06:15 PM

YAH! Weather here is similar to AMN's.. 60 + sunny and I'm lovin it! :I-Agree: It's still light out and it's after 6pm. :sunchair:

We picked up our RV Sat, so bring on camping weather...Now, that is great news.

I know what AMN bought; close your drapes. :ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

ewizabeth 03-16-2010 08:16 PM

I took part in a sales competition at work so I got lots of atta-girls and brownie points from the higher ups. I didn't win but it looks good to put yourself out there and try. There were lots of leaders there from the midwest corporate level. They said I did good and they never would have guessed that I was a new employee. :)

Also, I got my new Droid yesterday and one for DS. He's already writing programs for his and mine is just cool, lol.

tkrik 03-17-2010 09:47 AM

Good news! It's St. Patrick's Day! Being Irish, St. Patrick's day is always filled with fantastic music, dancing, lots of Guinness beer (or a little for me now that I older and on meds lol), traditional food including Irish soda bread, and family and friends. I'll be going over to my parents for the big celebration. Hoping my dad will feel well enough to enjoy the festivities as he has chemo this morning.

legzzalot 03-17-2010 12:08 PM

44 Minutes early! The newest little firefighter!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...zalot/baby.jpg

:Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli:

SallyC 03-17-2010 12:21 PM

A new Baby in the Family, is always good news. Congrats....beautiful Baby!!:hug:

SandyC 03-17-2010 03:49 PM

Chris has a job interview!!!! Chris has a job interview!!!! Chris has a job interview!!!!

Did I mention Chris has a job interview? :D

Kitty 03-17-2010 04:48 PM

DS26 got a job offer for the position he's been trying for!! It's still in law enforcement......still dealing with dangerous people......but in a different capacity, different agency with more responsibility (and pay!). It's a good thing, I know. He's worked hard for it. But Momma still worries.......:rolleyes:

DM 03-17-2010 06:04 PM

Legz's baby pic made me smile! (so cute)

I had some energy today (Salpal gave me inspiration) I cleaned the front bedroom and even though I'm all plugged up from the dust bunnies; it felt great to get it done. One more Spring cleaning task D O N E!!! yahhhh!

Dejibo 03-18-2010 07:40 AM

I took yesterday off, and didnt do anything but lay around. I needed that. :cool:

Dejibo 03-20-2010 08:34 AM

I have the best news you have heard ALL winter!

Today is the LAST day of winter! And....

it is officially the FIRST DAY OF SPRING! :D

AfterMyNap 03-20-2010 09:04 AM

*tapping watch, waiting impatiently for 1:32pm EST*

SallyC 03-20-2010 01:11 PM

SpRiNg HaS SpRuNg!!:yahoo::yahoo:

SandyC 03-20-2010 06:23 PM

I couldn't stand waiting any longer! I ran up to the hospital to get my chest ct report and it is normal!!! Whew. Quite the scare.

Whoohooo!!!!!!

Kitty 03-20-2010 06:27 PM

Sandy, that is the best news I've heard in quite a while! This deserves a few dancing chili peppers!! :Dancing-Chilli: :Dancing-Chilli: :Dancing-Chilli:

Joybo 03-20-2010 06:37 PM

you rock

I haven't changed my bedding since I got my lucious new comforter recently. It's so H E A V Y... I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
Sending you Gold Starz and Happy Spring 2 U.
joy:You-Rock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 633274)
OK, so it's time for a Good News thread again.:)

I could oh so biotch a scream about the big and small inconveniences of this rotten disgusting dispicable rancid disease, but, I want to focus on the positive "Good" news, today.

I'll start...Yesterday, I changed my bedding and Today I had the strength and balance to go to the basement and do my laundry. A great accomplishment, for me.:yahoo:

NEXT........

pud's friend 03-21-2010 10:02 PM

Had wht started off as a lovely pony ride, then he got whiff of the hoss hooning in the next field, whipped round and dumped me on the ground in a swearing heap.

good news is that i might have broken the tip of my finger.

yes, that's the good news. it could have been my neck. I'm too old for this stuff...

Koala77 03-24-2010 08:10 PM

Our younger son & his wife had their second child this morning.

Samuel, a brother for William.

SallyC 03-24-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 636477)

Good news, indeed...pictures please..:hug:

legzzalot 03-24-2010 09:52 PM

YAY!!! New babies always lift my spirits.

Debbie D 03-24-2010 10:06 PM

Samuel...such a distinguished name.

Welcome, Samuel, to the marvelous Earth!!:D

Koala77 04-04-2010 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 636510)
Good news, indeed...pictures please..:hug:

I finally have photos of our new grandson. This one was taken yesterday, at 10 days old.
The crib is the same one as his father and his uncle used when they were babies.

SallyC 04-04-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 640330)
I finally have photos of our new grandson. This one was taken yesterday, at 10 days old.

What a sweet handsome little face:). Try not to squeeze him to hard, Grandmom.:D

Kitty 04-05-2010 12:36 AM

He's precious! Such a sweet little face. Spoil him!!! :D

Jappy 04-05-2010 02:37 PM

Got my new glasses today. I can seeee!!!

Even though I had the two cataracts taken out, I needed a new scrip
for the glasses. The dr. said because of the damage that has been done
to the eyes because of the ms and the usual problems with the sight that come and go, I will always wear glasses.

Don't care as long as I can see better.

Jappy :)

SandyC 04-05-2010 07:34 PM

I cleaned out my basement, garage and shed which is as big as a garage. Filled up a 15 yard dumpster. Yea!!!!!!!!

SallyC 04-07-2010 07:17 PM

#1 Doggy poohed and piddled on his papers today..:D

#2 My Schwan's guy came today..:p

legzzalot 04-07-2010 07:45 PM

Today i took the girls (DD5 and DH2B's DD12) to the beach. It was amazing. I was drugged enough to be able to make it through the day but not so drugged that I coulnd't drive. I will say I am exhausted and will be paying for it for 2 days.

BUT, as I was sitting in my chair with my toes in the water listening to the kids laughing and watching the wind dancing across the water... I have never felt more peaceful. It was an amazing day, and I bonded with the oldest. I was mad her dad didn't want to come with us but it turned out to be a wonderful time with just the girls. http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...700_152700.jpg

Lady 04-07-2010 10:57 PM

Koala,
Congratulations Grandma. :) I think your Grandson is so handsome. Love his cute little nose, and fair hair. Does he have a brother or sister for company?

Only 10 days old? Was he big at birth? Or are you feeding him steak and potatoes?

That was great you still had the crib from your son and nephew. He looks so content. I hope he's a good sleeper. Enjoy him, you know how fast they grow up. :hug:

ewizabeth 04-07-2010 11:04 PM

My last two days of work I had second highest sales of all in the store each day. :) There are normally 6-8 of us working each day. I'm the newby (and an oldie.) :D

sabimax 04-08-2010 07:43 AM

it is snowing... oh wait wrong thing that part is not good news.... but true

I am flying out to Boston this June to see the other girl I nannied for graduate from high school. I watched the two girls from babies to ages 11 and 12... so our family is close. The parents flew me out last year to see older daughter graduate last spring...

double good news, I am flying alone out there this time, no kids.. last year took Maddie as she was young... no problem to take someone.. but hubby thought hey I could use a trip alone... yeahhhh good news!!

Dejibo 04-08-2010 09:08 AM

I am feeling half human today. This is a road I wouldnt want to walk again. I am glad to be turning off of it. :)

azoyizes 04-08-2010 10:19 AM

I have two wonderful things to tell.

1. DH had CT scans, the tumors in his lungs have neither grown nor diminished, so he's off chemo at least until June. :Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli:

2. Son and family are moving from Johannesburg, SA, to Brooklyn, NY in June. It will be wonderful to have them in the States again after three years in Africa! :)