NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   NBCCS/Gorlin Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/117281-nbccs-gorlin-syndrome.html)

JWerky95 03-21-2010 02:33 PM

NBCCS/Gorlin Syndrome

Hi I returned to neurotalk after being gone for years. I was looking for information on memory loss related to colloid cyst in the 3rd ventricle. I was diagnosed with Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome, and the colloid cyst in 1990. Had brain surgery to remove the cyst at Mayo Clinic 12/13/90. Have had numerous Basal cell carcinomas removed over the past almost 20 years, and 13, or 14 surgeries on my jaw/sinus cavities to remove cysts.

I have been struggling with memory/retention problems for YEARS!! I am trying to obtain my associate degree in nursing and it has been a STRUGGLE. I am not sure if it is due to the surgery in 1990 or if it is related to the colloid cyst that is currently in my third venticle that we are monitoring and have been since it was found 9/9/99. I will post in the colloid cyst area to see if some one there can help. I just wanted to stop here and introduce myself.

Thanks for the invite.
Jenni

Rrae 03-21-2010 02:40 PM

Hello Jenni!

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles! :(
My heart goes out to you....

Although I'm not very familiar with your particular condition, I know that other's will be along shortly who will gladly point you to one or more of the forum's here that would best suit your needs......

Caring
Rae

MelodyL 03-21-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWerky95 (Post 635107)
Hi I returned to neurotalk after being gone for years. I was looking for information on memory loss related to colloid cyst in the 3rd ventricle. I was diagnosed with Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome, and the colloid cyst in 1990. Had brain surgery to remove the cyst at Mayo Clinic 12/13/90. Have had numerous Basal cell carcinomas removed over the past almost 20 years, and 13, or 14 surgeries on my jaw/sinus cavities to remove cysts.

I have been struggling with memory/retention problems for YEARS!! I am trying to obtain my associate degree in nursing and it has been a STRUGGLE. I am not sure if it is due to the surgery in 1990 or if it is related to the colloid cyst that is currently in my third venticle that we are monitoring and have been since it was found 9/9/99. I will post in the colloid cyst area to see if some one there can help. I just wanted to stop here and introduce myself.

Thanks for the invite.
Jenni

Hi, just wanted to extend a hearty welcome

I went over to the other forum and saw you posted there. You'll get good info.

We're a nice bunch of people who like to help each other.

Take care And may I say God Bless You for continuing to do what you do.

You are remarkable.

Melody

JWerky95 03-21-2010 03:06 PM

Thank you Rae.

JWerky95 03-21-2010 03:07 PM

Thank you Melody!

Darlene 03-22-2010 12:04 AM

Welcome back Jenni

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help. There are great number of fellow members here to assist as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene :hug: