NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Out of the mouth of babes (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/117567-mouth-babes.html)

Aarcyn 03-24-2010 07:30 PM

Out of the mouth of babes

On another site, I shared this treasured memory. I thought to start a thread about the things kid say about their view of the world.

One day I was trying to get DS to eat his spinach. I asked, "What happens when Popeye eats his spinach?"

DS replied, "He beats people up!"

Jules A 03-24-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aarcyn (Post 636463)
On another site, I shared this treasured memory. I thought to start a thread about the things kid say about their view of the world.

One day I was trying to get DS to eat his spinach. I asked, "What happens when Popeye eats his spinach?"

DS replied, "He beats people up!"

Lol, yes he did! But now a days you get kicked out of school for hitting people. :D

Hows this? I heard this story on the radio from a woman who's toddler daughter was caught dancing and singing this song: "I get knocked up but I get down again".

AfterMyNap 03-24-2010 08:07 PM

This one came to me via email, it's way too cute:

On their way out of the house, 4-yr-old daughter hesitated and said, "Mom, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper goodbye."

Debbie D 03-24-2010 10:12 PM

Okay, I have two from my daughter when she was young.

1)One time, I was tucking my DD25 into bed when she was 4. I was telling her how much I loved her. She started crying. I asked her what was wrong.
She said, "I want to go back by God." :eek:I then started crying and begging her not to leave me. She didn't and it's been a wonderful journey with an awesome young woman.

2)Another time, DD was about 3 or 4 and I was tucking her in (why does this always happen when I tuck her in?) and she grabbed my arms and said, ''I was your mother!" I said, "What?" She repeated the line...I said, "Oh, okay honey..." freaked me out!! What 4 year old says things like that?:eek::eek:

doydie 03-24-2010 11:06 PM

Next week is my Grandaghters spring break so we are taking them for the week. EEEEEEK!:eek: So my DD was giving them some instructions about bathing. She told them not to fill the bath tub up to much at Grandmas house. 3 year old says 'but why Mom, that's when I can start jumping in!'.

BTW, I would never in the world volunteer to do this but my DH who retired in December thinks it will be 'fun'. He is the one who will be getting up at 6:30 AM. I told him that I bet when I get up later that I will find him asleep and the girls watching Disney or PBS like they know they can. I don't care, just as long as he gets them breakfast. They are good enough they can amuse themselves.

Aarcyn 03-25-2010 12:00 AM

Another one

This is one of my DH's favorite memories of DS.

DS was probably 3 years old and DH was helping him with putting on a pair of jeans and zipping up. DS wanted to do it by himself. He said to DH:

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

Riverwild 03-25-2010 06:49 AM

I was teaching my nieces and nephews about lifejackets and one of the nieces asked why I didn't have my lifejacket on when we swam. My nephew pointed to my chest and said "aunty wears hers under her bathing suit"

(i have built in PFDs!) :D

soxmom 03-25-2010 08:24 AM

The other day I was making dinner and my cell phone rang. I answered
and this six year old voice says. "hey, This is Billy Smith. Is Tony
Bag O' Donuts (his nickname when he was small) your son?" I said "yes".

He said"If you dont give Tony a thousand dollars...Im going to the police
and telling them you dont make him eat his veggies!lol:eek:

Where do they come up with this stuff????????

Dejibo 03-25-2010 08:36 AM

my son would play with all kinds of toys in the bath, had a grand time! then when I would appear and ask if he was clean, he would say "yep!" I would say "then why is the soap dry?" he would say "cause I dried it off fore you got here."

legzzalot 03-25-2010 12:18 PM

LOL that is like when DD came out of the bath and her hair was completely dry and I asked why she didn't wash her hair and was told "Because I dried it super super good!"