NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Community & Forum Feedback (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/)
-   -   A Question??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/11783-question.html)

Junie 01-22-2007 11:21 PM

A Question???

I know there are intro and about us in each forum but since someone like me fits in so many of them and some not at all is there a general forum to have intros for anyone and everyone??
I sometimes feel I am intruding by going in forums just as MS, ALS or PD where I don't belong but at least we could get to know more people in this type of area.
If it is already here then excuse my blindness:)

kimmydawn 01-22-2007 11:56 PM

I think a "welcome/intro" forum is a great idea that's being discussed, I believe. Thank you for showing your interest as well. :)

I've read many posts where people read all different forums. They explain that they don't deal/live with/know much about specific things, but wanted to add support or the like. I say go for it. :)

I've learned so much by going in and reading, and sometimes responding. It all is about support, sharing and understanding. :) You seem to have those as a top priority as well. Thank you for that!

KD

artist 01-23-2007 12:11 AM

Hi Junie,

have you found the Social Chat forum? - that sounds like what you're looking for...
all the best :)

Jomar 01-23-2007 12:18 AM

I read on many of the forums and post on them every once in awhile- I don't think of it as intruding, more like getting to know your neighbors.;)

artist 01-23-2007 12:30 AM

Yes you do, Jo, and we appreciate your input very much. On the RSD forum we have many members with other problems too - TOS, spinal, peripheral neuropathy etc - all of us have chronic pain too, so....it's not just you overlapping with other areas.

I suppose most of us choose a particular forum that best fits us and mainly stay there, but on the RSD forum we have people from other areas dropping in and we do the same - some people are very comfortable in several forums at once. It's your choice - no one will think you're strange if you check in wherever you want; it's "our" forum - that includes you - to shape up as we like, so ....whatever suits you best, I know you'll be most welcome,

all the best :)

Curious 01-23-2007 02:41 AM

:eek: we are only supposed to post in 1 forum? :p i'd be in big big trouble junie.

junie, we are a communtiy. your not just stuck on your own street. you will be welcomed in all. the more support everyone gets here the better. you might have just the answer for somebody in a forum that doesn't have your dx.

and welcoming new members..that is awesome. makes them feel at home and not alone.

i do like the idea of a welcome forum, but the social chat forum has been working well. we help people to find the right forum if they aren't sure where to post.

heyjude5050 01-23-2007 05:57 AM

Junie,

I guess I never thought about just sticking to one forum. I agree with the others. Even if it isn't something we ourselves have, it is still nice to get support from others on this site.

I read as many as I can and sometimes I can relate and other times I just let people know that I am praying for them, my thoughts are them or that I am just so sorry for what they are going through.

I too would be in big trouble if I was supposed to stay in a forum that related to me. :D

I also have multiply ailments and many are undiagnosed so I like to read about similar symptoms. If I can help the doctors figure me out through the wealth of knowledge here............that would be fantastic.

Welcome to neurotalk. Hope you find it as beneficial and as we do.

Warm regards,

Judy