NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   new member (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/117925-new-member.html)

calligirl 03-30-2010 08:51 AM

Hello i am Callie and 37 and was diagnosed with rr ms about 2 months ago. but have been having tests and problems for about 4 years now. When they actually diagnosed me 2 months ago i was kind of relieved that they finally figured it all out. I am now on 150 mg of Lyrica & 20 mg of Baclofen a day and i am having a hard time. I am not sure if it is the medicine or just the everyday joys of ms. But i am so sleepy all day and exhausted, my balance is off and the nerve/muscle twinges don't seem to be going away. Is anyone else having these problems on this medicine.

I am so happy to have found this site because this has all been a little overwhelming and my family is far away and my in-law's have NOT been supportive at all. It will nice to talk to people going through the same things.:grouphug:

MelodyL 03-30-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calligirl (Post 638315)
Hello i am Callie and 37 and was diagnosed with rr ms about 2 months ago. but have been having tests and problems for about 4 years now. When they actually diagnosed me 2 months ago i was kind of relieved that they finally figured it all out. I am now on 150 mg of Lyrica & 20 mg of Baclofen a day and i am having a hard time. I am not sure if it is the medicine or just the everyday joys of ms. But i am so sleepy all day and exhausted, my balance is off and the nerve/muscle twinges don't seem to be going away. Is anyone else having these problems on this medicine.

I am so happy to have found this site because this has all been a little overwhelming and my family is far away and my in-law's have NOT been supportive at all. It will nice to talk to people going through the same things.:grouphug:

Hi there hon:

Welcome to Neurotalks.

Here's a link to the MS forum

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...aysprune=&f=17

You find LOTS of good info as well as new friends and you might even find someone going through with what you are now facing.

I wish you well and hope you feel better soon.

Again, Welcome

Melody

ewizabeth 03-30-2010 09:28 AM

Welcome Calligirl!

I'm so glad you found us! :) This is the best forum of it's kind, you'll see. There are lots of us who have been through this all and we can listen and offer support.

I'm sorry for the diagnosis but hope we can help make it somewhat easier to deal with for you with our friendship. :hug:

Blessings2You 03-30-2010 10:31 AM

Welcome to the community, Callie. It's pretty overwhelming at first, for sure, and sometimes that pops up once in a while even as time goes by.

It's so hard to separate MS symptoms from med side effects, and sometimes they overlap. You'll find people here who will know EXACTLY what you're talking about. You came to a good place, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from AND about you!

calligirl 03-30-2010 11:50 AM

does anyone know how to update your profile picture and mood and all that stuff. when i click on my name it just gives me options for my biography.

mrsD 03-30-2010 12:03 PM

For the mood thingey, you click at the top of the page where you sign in. The mood command is up there.

The profile picture and avatar, etc are under User CP... which is on the bar that crosses the top, the User CP is the first choice on the left, along with others FAQ, Member's list, etc.

There are size limits for avatar and profile picture.
This thread is about graphics here:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread7728.html

Enjoy--- I think the graphics are alot of fun.

azoyizes 03-30-2010 12:51 PM

Hi, and welcome to NT! This is such a great place with so many friendly, caring, and helpful people.

We're so glad you found us!

I have SPMS, and I look forward to seeing you around the MS forum.

frozengal 03-30-2010 01:04 PM

I'm new here and have questions

Does anyone else have issues with regard to Neurontin taken for RSD? I have problems with memory [otherwise known as brain farts:)]. I'm currently on 4800mg per day for it. Thanks!:D

Darlene 03-31-2010 12:54 AM

Hello Calli

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Just let us know if we can be of any help. There are great number of fellow members here to assist as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene :hug:

malawigirl08 04-05-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozengal (Post 638439)
Does anyone else have issues with regard to Neurontin taken for RSD? I have problems with memory [otherwise known as brain farts:)]. I'm currently on 4800mg per day for it. Thanks!:D

Yes I am on 2400mg per day and loose words for about 1hr after taking meds - everyone I know is used to it now,