NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Out of Limboland..finally! (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/118014-limboland-finally.html)

misshayleesmom 03-31-2010 02:07 PM

Out of Limboland..finally!

Hi everyone,

I've been away from the boards for awhile...been busy working and such.
Well for the last month or so i have been in such pain that i had had enough.

Went to Doctor today and after looking at my chart and checking for the tender points etc he said that i indeed have fibro and not MS..It's been a crazy 10 yr journey to finally get some kind of dx, with numerous MRI's etc and no real answer. My other doctor back home said it was fibro and i was okay with that I mean at least i knew what was going on.

Then sx got worse... tremors etc and my current dr thought it was MS said it is absolutely not fibbro.. glad to have a dx but kinda sad etc... cause i know that this is what i have to live with..he still wants me to get some ANA testing done as well as checking for Lupus, etc.

Thanks for letting me vent
Cindy

RhiannonsMoon 06-29-2010 12:50 AM

I've not been here for ages either... I'm glad you got a lesser diagnosis than MS

Rhian

Jewels 07-03-2010 05:31 PM

I'm sorry that you have had such a long hard journey to find out what your dx really is...some say that having MS and Fibro is a two edged sword...I would have to agree since I have both...and CFS as well...it is hard for me every single day with all the pain and other symptoms I have...but I have learned to be very content with the pain and not struggle so much...it seems that the less I struggle the better I feel usually...but some of that is left to interpretation...I hope you have found supplements and pain relief so you may enjoy your life...

jewels:)

DejaVu 07-10-2010 04:30 PM

Oh dear! It can be such a long road!
I am not convinced, esp. with the newest FMS info,. that a diagnosis of FMS is any less incapacitating than some forms of MS. I know studies have shown both FMS and CFS are often severely incapacitating... even more so than many other conditions.
I agree with "jewels," above... I hope you are able to enjoy life.:winky:
~DejaVu

Elizabeth M 10-12-2010 08:53 PM

You sound smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewels (Post 671749)
I'm sorry that you have had such a long hard journey to find out what your dx really is...some say that having MS and Fibro is a two edged sword...I would have to agree since I have both...and CFS as well...it is hard for me every single day with all the pain and other symptoms I have...but I have learned to be very content with the pain and not struggle so much...it seems that the less I struggle the better I feel usually...but some of that is left to interpretation...I hope you have found supplements and pain relief so you may enjoy your life...

jewels:)

How do you manage the pain and fatigue? Are you tired from drugs? What do you take? I completely agree with carrying on and not dwelling on the pain whenever you can. it's called coping and it takes getting used to.