NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   I have avoided that it is Easter, or did it happen too soon? (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/118258-avoided-easter-happen-soon.html)

DiMarie 04-03-2010 05:49 PM

I have avoided that it is Easter, or did it happen too soon?

I remember as a child how wonderful the Celebration of Easter is. The great new dress, white patent leather shoes, socks with lace, even nylons as I got older. They dying of the eggs, making pickled eggs with mom, baking, house cleaning and getting the Lilies down to the Church in memory of those gone,

Everything was surreal at Church, the beauty, peace, happiness. I remember all the older women with their hats, and the traditional songs.
Singing on top of my lungs the harmony to He Arose, my Mom's voice carrying across the church and even outside. Holding my quarter to put in the change plate in fine white gloves.

Easter dinner smelled soooo good, my polish grandma had home made horseradish, Mom and she would make home made Kielbasa, the egg knot bread, and poppy seed. walnut rolls. The house is sparkling, smelling of fresh Pine sol and lemon pledge.

Today, I can barely make it a memorable day for my family. The past haunts me the hurt or loss of family.

There are no new dresses, no nylons, or shoes. One small holiday basket and we are alive.
All we have is each other.

All I wanted was to have my family heal, and protect them.
Pray to protect us from the Evil........

Kitty 04-03-2010 06:45 PM

:hug: DiMarie :hug:

Blessings2You 04-03-2010 07:17 PM

I'll pray for you right now.

Alffe 04-03-2010 07:41 PM

In "having each other" you have it all. Granted there are empty chairs, but the memories live on Di...You are such a wonderful mother. :hug:

Koala77 04-04-2010 12:13 AM

Thinking of you DiMarie, and you too Alffe.

Big hugs to you both. :hug:

BlueMajo 04-04-2010 02:30 AM

(((((Di))))) :hug: :hug: :hug:

God is with you all year long too... doesnt matter that much if it is Easter, St. Valentine's or a bloody sunday... :winky:

:hug:

DiMarie 04-04-2010 06:44 AM

So wonderful to have my cyber friends, I am praying for a blessed holiday whatever you celebrate, and thank you for the prayers.
I miss having a Mom, that would comfort. So thankful for the extended family here.

What a crazy life it can be, no matter what I can not paint the picture for tomorrow, just accept what is on my plate today.
My love always dear friends.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
di

sabimax 04-04-2010 08:40 AM

Hugssss holidays are tough some times when we have lost close family...
take care hun and more hugsssss,sarah

BlueMajo 04-04-2010 10:43 PM

"What a crazy life it can be, no matter what I can not paint the picture for tomorrow, just accept what is on my plate today."

Very wise as always dear Di.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sometimes, I just do that... just... live ! hoping inside my heart tomorrow can be better... but in the mean time, just living... :hug:

You know, like that story of Sisifo... we are that... :hug:

dtyree 04-08-2010 06:14 AM

We can learn from yesterday, we have very little control about tomorrow-but we have hope, we can do all that we can today-live it to the fullest.

Peace be yours,
David