NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease Clinical Trials (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease-clinical-trials/)
-   -   Pacific NW Udall Center PD cognition study (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease-clinical-trials/118781-pacific-nw-udall-center-pd-cognition-study.html)

Nan Cyclist 04-07-2010 04:41 PM

Pacific NW Udall Center PD cognition study

Funded by NIH, the Pacific Northwest Udall Center (PANUC) aims to conduct research into causes and new treatments for PD. PANUC will evaluate PD patients over time with examinations and testing of cognition. PANUC is actively looking for people with PD for the new center. Call 1-866-932-7380 if you're interested. This will be my first research study!

paula_w 04-07-2010 05:56 PM

i called

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist (Post 641671)
Funded by NIH, the Pacific Northwest Udall Center (PANUC) aims to conduct research into causes and new treatments for PD. PANUC will evaluate PD patients over time with examinations and testing of cognition. PANUC is actively looking for people with PD for the new center. Call 1-866-932-7380 if you're interested. This will be my first research study!

thanks Nan, for posting this. i called and spoke to Amy, who knew you had posted it here. She [Amy] said they are looking for patients and are at this time data collecting on pd cognition. hooray. It is a new field of study - pd dementia.

I do think there will be changes in expectations....that can only come from a calming of everyone's neurotransmitters.....and data collection is the ticket now. They are not having clinical trials now, maybe in the future, but looking for patients locally for now.

indigogo 04-16-2010 12:09 PM

signed up!

Thanks for posting this! I just signed up - my first study as well (it's about time!), and one that concerns something of great importance to me - cognition. Feels good!

schantzam 04-16-2010 12:47 PM

PANUC's New Website

Hi,

Thank you all so much for your interest in our newly funded Morris K. Udall Center of Excellence for Parkinson's Disease Research. We are the Pacific Northwest Udall Center ~PANUC~ (ryhmes with Pa-nook). We are located in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR and serve the surrounding areas. As noted below, our center's specific focus is changes in cognition.

Our website has just gone online and I wanted to share the link with you.
panuc.org

We look forward to working with those of you in the area who wish to participate. If you are not in the area, please send us an email if you would like to be on our mailing list. Next project up ~newsletter!

Aimee Schantz, MEd
PANUC's Program Manager
&
Heli Venkov
PANUC's Research Asst. Extraordinare