NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   It is almost that time...not that I am counting or anything! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/119431-time-am-counting.html)

TXBatman 04-15-2010 03:55 PM

It is almost that time...not that I am counting or anything!

Ok, yes I am counting...its 1 day, 14 hours and 52 minutes until we roll out of Houston headed for Austin. Looks like about a 40-50% chance of rain both days (hope they don't cancel anything again!), but at least we should have a tailwind for the 100 miles of day 1.

I have been training harder than ever this year. I rode 578 miles since January 1 on the road, and I have put in roughly 120 hours of spin classes since the ride last April. I am so looking forward to the ride this year because I feel so strong! I just hope the weather holds and we get to ride full distance both days.

The best news of all is that I set a goal of $1,000 to raise this year, hoping that I might get close. This afternoon...with family, friends, and coworkers still promising more funds to come, I passed $1,000! I am at $1,134 right now, and my wife is poised to top $1,000 as well. She is at $885 and has numerous friends and coworkers still promising to donate. That is on top of $230 from me and $200 from my wife for Clay Walker's Band Against MS.

I know how tough the financial times are and how much people are tightening their belts, and I just feel so fortunate to be blessed with such generosity from the people around me. Sorry for the online victory dance, but I am at work and can't jump around and shout and I just feel so excited to have broken through my goal!

Our team as a whole has raised over $93,000 for the National MS Society and just shy of $25,000 for Clay Walker's Band Against MS. They are a terrific bunch of folks and I feel so honored to be riding with them.

So thanks for being my motivation to ride, and thanks for putting up with my incessant talking about cycling!

TwoKidsTwoCats 04-15-2010 04:35 PM

The Yeehaw mood is right!! Congrats on meeting the $ goal. GO RIDE... BE SAFE!! :)

Keep talking up the cycling. :cool: I live vicariously through those that still can. I loved spin classes until my left thigh muscles said "Uncle". It collapsed on me a couple of times, so it was too risky to be on the bike with such a heavy flywheel.

freeinhou 04-15-2010 04:54 PM

Hey Batman - Are you going to fight the crowds and go to the Omni exhibits tomorrow? I'm slipping out of work to work with setting up in the morning and doing whatever's needed in the afternoon. If past years are any indication, I'll be signing a lot of bandanas in the "meet MS people" room to the left of the exhibit hall doors.

Tom

TXBatman 04-15-2010 10:12 PM

I will be working the Because We Can booth handing out the "I Have MS, That is Why I Ride" jerseys from 4-6pm. My wife will be working in the Band Against MS booth from around 3-6pm...so come by and say hi.

karousel 04-16-2010 08:05 AM

I hope the weather is good for your ride! Congrats on the funds you raised. Have a great ride!

Kitty 04-16-2010 09:05 AM

Thanks for all you do, TXBatman. You're an inspiration to many people! :)

Be safe and I hope the weather is perfect for you.

AfterMyNap 04-16-2010 09:17 AM

Batman, you are a prince among men on bikes. Ride! Ride like the wind!!! :yahoo:

SallyC 04-16-2010 11:58 AM

Get on that Batmocycle and GO!!!! :cool:

I'll be waiting at the finish with a tall cool one....er....beer, I mean. :D