NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   15 Years Ago Today (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/119703-15-ago.html)

FeelinGoofy 04-19-2010 08:33 AM

15 Years Ago Today

I lost an aunt in the bombing of the Murrah Building. Rick and I met up with a friend that we had lost touch with one day last week. He was in one of the buildings that was across the street from the Murrah building. He had just looked out the window and mentioned to his boss that there was a big Ryder moving van in front of the building across the street he turned his back and took a few steps away from the window then the explosion happened.
He told us that he had just finished his 234th surgery.... not a typo 234.....
He still has slivers of glass embedded in his back from the explosion.
Violence is no way to settle grudges....no matter how big or how small the act..... Violence is just wrong.... sigh.........

legalmania 04-19-2010 02:43 PM

So sorry to hear that, they are showing an interview never seen before on cable this week, featuring the monster Timothy McVeigh. I don't know if anyone wants to watch but I thought I would inform everyone.

Alffe 04-20-2010 05:09 AM

I watched part of those interviews..see one monster, seen them all. :(

Goofy did you go to the memorial yesterday? :grouphug:

FeelinGoofy 04-20-2010 08:31 AM

No i had to work yesterday. ALOT of changes being made at work... some good some not.... and i work today as well... Tomorrow Rick is having minor surgery so i wont be able to go Wed either. I'll make it some time this week and put a flower on my Aunts chair.... I try to do that at least 3-4 times a year. its a very emotional place.... Everytime i 've ever been to the memorial, there have b een people there in tears... ANYWAY off to work I go.
love you guys bunches.....:hug: :hug::hug::hug:

Alffe 04-20-2010 04:30 PM

Oh I love those chairs...such a thoughtful tribute to the victims. :(

Am sending positive thoughts to Rick tomorrow for his surgery and also
to you...hope things settle down at work.

Love you bunches too! :hug:

legalmania 04-20-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 646213)
I watched part of those interviews..see one monster, seen them all. :(

Goofy did you go to the memorial yesterday? :grouphug:

He didn't have one grain of remorse, not even as they were preparing him to die. What a waste of space, he was.

FeelinGoofy 04-21-2010 10:28 AM

surgery went off without a hitch... he had a good size cyst on the back of his neck that was trying to attach to a muscle.... anyway cyst is gone, rick is in bed sleeping off the drugs LOL.... think i'm gonna go join him... we had to be there at 5:30 this morning for check in :eek: :hug:

barbo 04-21-2010 02:17 PM

For Goofy

Yay good news!