NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I am miserable. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/120421-am-miserable.html)

Yellowfever 04-24-2010 10:52 PM

I am miserable.

I am feeling really depressed today. I am looking for a job but I have to lie about everything in order to get one. A man made fun of my learning disability and it hurt my feelings really bad because I can't do basic 1st grade arithmitic. What good am I. And I found something scary on my body so that makes everything more worse.

I hate life right now

Mari 04-24-2010 11:16 PM

Hi,
You are good. Remember that. :) :hug: :)

I can't do math right now either.
I just tell people I can't do math and let it go.

I hope that you feel better tomorrow.

M.

waves 04-24-2010 11:52 PM

Dear Sharla

we are each good at different things.

for one thing, you are good at brightening people's days. you do mine. it always makes me smile to have you around. and you are so genuine. i treasure that in people. :)

i bet some of math wizards out there couldn't brighten my day even if they painted themselves yellow.

~ waves ~

Yellowfever 04-25-2010 01:27 AM

Thank you mari and waves. I feel a bit better. I feel tired right now. I am going to take a shower and have some cheesecake.

I hate it when I am paranoid.

Sharla

Lol mari I think I will say that I don't do math from now on.
Waves I am glad I brighten up your day.

Mari 04-25-2010 02:09 AM

Dear Sharla,
It is good to see you again.
Feel better.
M.

Brokenfriend 04-25-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowfever (Post 648022)
I am feeling really depressed today. I am looking for a job but I have to lie about everything in order to get one. A man made fun of my learning disability and it hurt my feelings really bad because I can't do basic 1st grade arithmitic. What good am I. And I found something scary on my body so that makes everything more worse.

I hate life right now

He made fun of your learning disability!:mad: I have a learning disability also,and there is nothing funny about it. If the chairs where turned suddenly,you wouldn't laugh at him if he told you that he had a learning disability. Who is the better person? You are.

Now get some rest,and don't be troubled by what that man said. You will be OK,and things have a way of working out. One door closes,and another one opens. It's difficult in the hall way sometimes. BF:hug::hug::hug:

collinsc 04-25-2010 07:26 AM

Sorry!!

yellowfever
You do not know me, but I read your post and was shocked! I am so sorry that ugly person mad you upset. My dearest friend and my husband both have learning disabilities and I cannot imagine what I would do if I were around to witness some nasty person making fun of them. Do not let him get you down, just remember you would never do that so you are the better person who doesn't need to make fun of people to make yourself feel better. It is people like him who make the world ugly and not good to be out in. Just try and forget him and just remember he isn't worth the time getting upset.

collinsc:hug:

waves 04-26-2010 01:35 AM

Hey there

How are you doing today, Sharla? :)

:hug:

~ waves ~

Yellowfever 04-28-2010 12:06 AM

Bf thabk you for standing up for me. Your are right about having a learning disability is not funny and I think if the tables were turned he be singing a sad song. But the difference is I would not laugh or make fun of his struggles. Life is harder when you have learning disabilities. The last thing anyone needs is for someone to go up too you make you feel like a worthless waste of life. I AM NOT WORTHLESS. NO LIVING BEING IS. Worthless. We all have a purpose that is why we are here.

On a happier note, I joined the church choir and I have a solo to sing this Sunday!
I may struggle with numbers but I know how to sing well at least.

Hugs and thanks bf!

Sharla

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 648062)
He made fun of your learning disability!:mad: I have a learning disability also,and there is nothing funny about it. If the chairs where turned suddenly,you wouldn't laugh at him if he told you that he had a learning disability. Who is the better person? You are.

Now get some rest,and don't be troubled by what that man said. You will be OK,and things have a way of working out. One door closes,and another one opens. It's difficult in the hall way sometimes. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Yellowfever 04-28-2010 12:09 AM

Nice to meet you Collinsc
Thanks for your kind words I feel a lot better than I did that night.
Sharla

Quote:

Originally Posted by collinsc (Post 648097)
yellowfever
You do not know me, but I read your post and was shocked! I am so sorry that ugly person mad you upset. My dearest friend and my husband both have learning disabilities and I cannot imagine what I would do if I were around to witness some nasty person making fun of them. Do not let him get you down, just remember you would never do that so you are the better person who doesn't need to make fun of people to make yourself feel better. It is people like him who make the world ugly and not good to be out in. Just try and forget him and just remember he isn't worth the time getting upset.

collinsc:hug: