NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Struggling (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/121429-struggling.html)

redtail 05-05-2010 04:46 AM

Struggling

I havn't been around here alot latley, which is a bit unusual for me, I havn't even been checking out my usual haunts, which is very unusual.....

But I have been struggling, and just am in a lost and sad place at the moment, I need to talk, so I've decided to come here, as you are all so wonderful and supportive. I don't want to talk to family, cos we will all end up crying, and I don't have the energy for that at the moment.

My dear Dad, who is nearly 80, living in a WONDERFUL nursing home, had a scare about 2 weeks ago, they thought it might have been another stroke. It turned out not to be, but then it might have been fluid on the brain. Waiting for a Dr to have the decency to ring Mum with the results seems to be not happening, so she is seeing his GP tomorrow I think, so maybe will get some answers.

Yesterday I went up to visit, the poor old darling could harldy walk, I mean couldn't even pick up his feet to take a step. It is so heart wrenching to see him like this, I grew up on a farm seeing him to all manner of farm work, then he had his own buisness, a Aviation Flying Training school.

Whew, that does feel better, so thanks for listening:hug:

Kitty 05-05-2010 10:13 AM

I'm so sorry.........it's so hard to watch your parents age. Especially when they've had such an active life.

I pray that this is just a minor bump in the road for him and he'll be feeling better soon. I remember my Dad at that age and minor things seemed to take a major toll on him energy-wise. It just took him more time to recover.

You and your Dad are in my prayers. :hug:

Alffe 05-05-2010 03:34 PM

I'm sorry too redtail. Drs and decency, often an oxymoron. I pray you all get some answers soon and like kitty said, it just takes longer to mend at his age. :hug:

Chemar 05-05-2010 09:51 PM

keeping your dad, your mom and ((((you)))) in my prayers:hug:

Koala77 05-06-2010 12:21 AM

I'm so sorry I didn't see this yesterday redtail. :hug:

Please know that I'm thinking of you and if you want to "talk" , please feel free to send me a PM. I'm almost always around when you are. :hug:

Darlene 05-06-2010 01:00 AM

Thinking of you.

So sad to hear this, but always remember we are here at all times. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Darlene :hug:

redtail 05-06-2010 03:56 AM

Thank you all so much. I spent the day with Dad his brother visiting from Tasmania and my Big Sister. We were going through family history stuff, which was good. Iam exhausted tho, its stressfull to watch him struggle. Our whole family will be together on the weekend, it will be wonderfull to have everyone around, and just be together.
thanks again everyone, it really means alot to be able to talk here
Kate

supermoo 05-06-2010 03:47 PM

Huggs for You and your family Hun be well. xxxxxxxx

redtail 05-07-2010 04:26 AM

Just found out today he's been having lots of little minor strokes...................nothing they can do, guess I shall just have to keep giving him hugs and telling him I love him.
thanks again

Koala77 05-07-2010 06:20 AM

It's good to hear from you again redtail.

I'm sorry the news you impart isn't wonderful, and I do hope that these further mini strokes don't leave any residual symptoms. Please keep us updated on how your dad is doing, and how you are doing, and please don't forget to take care of yourself!

Thinking of you and sending you some hugs. :hug: