NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/pn-tips-resources-supplements-and-other-treatments/)
-   -   "Ya Gotta Be a Detective!" (https://www.neurotalk.org/pn-tips-resources-supplements-and-other-treatments/121435-ya-gotta-detective.html)

mrsD 05-05-2010 07:27 AM

"Ya Gotta Be a Detective!"

Welcome to our subforum for Peripheral Neuropathy.

This forum will be a collection of all the ideas and experiences of our members for reduction of pain, and other tips in daily living with PN.

Many doctors just do not search for clues or answers for us, to find our triggers, and instead they offer treatments that fall short of helping many times.

Patients with PN really need to be patient and curious to find ways themselves to manage this baffling and frustrating condition. So with time, I'll be trying to organize some of my posts that contain information to get new members here started.
And I know others here are waiting to do the same!

Thanks to Nide44 (Bob) for giving us the nudge we've needed for a while now to put 4 yrs of activity together in a more easy to use fashion!

plgerrard has some ideas, and she and I will be getting going soon, with threads that are organized to contain various past thread information so that it is more easily found.

So let's have some ideas from others here, as to topics needed.
I think for starters:

Testing --Glenn to help organize
Shoes and other external aids--
Dietary changes-- Gluten and other Food Intolerance
Prescription Drugs for pain
IVIG (should have its own topic)
Over the Counter supplements
Hereditary PN --Charcot Marie Tooth -- Kitt can supervise this one?
Toxins, drug reactions, poisons-- including Alcohol induced
Diabetic -- could include metabolic concerns like hypothyroid
Autoimmune

This new subforum should not take the place of the regular forum, IMO. But we should try to keep all topics on topic, and use the regular forum for conversation, basic questions, and other stuff. Members here can then refer others to the actual topic as it exists on the subforum. Also, keep in mind I do NOT moderate PN forum, so I cannot move things, or change things. Anything of that nature has to be done by another member of the Support Team. I can take those requests to them and you can always PM me about things you need done or new ideas you may have etc.

So this first "Detective" thread is to get volunteers for the various ideas so far. Comments are welcome.

plgerrard 05-05-2010 10:00 AM

Thanks

This is great. Thank you mrsD and DocJohn :Thanx:

I have a good start with the following, so I'll volunteer to organize them:

Small fiber neuropathy
Autonomic Neuropathy/Autonomic Dysfunction
Chronic Pain

mrsD 05-05-2010 10:12 AM

Cool... I am sending PMs out too. ;)

That sounds great, pati!

Stillfighting 05-06-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 651609)
Welcome to our subforum for Peripheral Neuropathy.

This forum will be a collection of all the ideas and experiences of our members for reduction of pain, and other tips in daily living with PN.

Many doctors just do not search for clues or answers for us, to find our triggers, and instead they offer treatments that fall short of helping many times.

Patients with PN really need to be patient and curious to find ways themselves to manage this baffling and frustrating condition. So with time, I'll be trying to organize some of my posts that contain information to get new members here started.
And I know others here are waiting to do the same!

Thanks to Nide44 (Bob) for giving us the nudge we've needed for a while now to put 4 yrs of activity together in a more easy to use fashion!

plgerrard has some ideas, and she and I will be getting going soon, with threads that are organized to contain various past thread information so that it is more easily found.

So let's have some ideas from others here, as to topics needed.
I think for starters:

Testing --Glenn to help organize
Shoes and other external aids--
Dietary changes-- Gluten and other Food Intolerance
Prescription Drugs for pain
IVIG (should have its own topic)
Over the Counter supplements
Hereditary PN --Charcot Marie Tooth -- Kitt can supervise this one?
Toxins, drug reactions, poisons-- including Alcohol induced
Diabetic -- could include metabolic concerns like hypothyroid
Autoimmune

This new subforum should not take the place of the regular forum, IMO. But we should try to keep all topics on topic, and use the regular forum for conversation, basic questions, and other stuff. Members here can then refer others to the actual topic as it exists on the subforum. Also, keep in mind I do NOT moderate PN forum, so I cannot move things, or change things. Anything of that nature has to be done by another member of the Support Team. I can take those requests to them and you can always PM me about things you need done or new ideas you may have etc.

So this first "Detective" thread is to get volunteers for the various ideas so far. Comments are welcome.

Is there a way to post pictures here. So when describing shoes, socks insoles, and other equiptment people can see what we are talking about?

mrsD 05-06-2010 09:06 AM

Yes.

Yes, there are two ways to do a picture.

The first way, if you scroll down further below the submit reply button there is "manage attachments" . Click that and you can submit a photo from your hard drive within size limits given, and it will come up on the post at the bottom in thumbnail which is clickable to larger. You click on "manage attachments" BEFORE you submit your post.
If you visit out Pets forum and look around, you can see both types of pet photos commonly there.

Or you can get a Photobucket account, post your photo, there, and use the linking "url" command to put it directly here.
Size is less of an issue that way. And Photobucket is free, but a little confusing to use IMO.

For personal pictures the "manage attachments" is preferable since you can remove those thru the User CP account, called delete attachments. The only way to remove a Photobucket picture that is over 24 hrs old, (edit stops after 24hrs) is to remove it from Photobucket.

We haven't started the Shoes thread yet....so wait until you see it and then you are welcome to post. I'll try to start it tomorrow in fact. I'll start it with links to previous threads, and you can then reply to it. ;)

edit-- I just started the "shoes and socks" thread. You can now post there ;)

nide44 05-07-2010 07:55 AM

I think that you can also upload photos to your user profile, home page and post a link to that, or just mention to go to your home page by clicking on your user name to view the pix.

glenntaj 05-15-2010 06:44 AM

Here's a really nice summarizing chart--

--that cycleops found form our friends at the Washington University at St. Louis Neuromuscular Disorders site:

http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/over/...alwebn2ie2.pdf