NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   if you do not get a call from ssd .. (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/121442-call-ssd.html)

wdwgranny 05-05-2010 09:51 AM

if you do not get a call from ssd ..

but get a letter first most likey you are not approved?
thanks

plgerrard 05-05-2010 10:01 AM

What did the letter say?

wdwgranny 05-05-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plgerrard (Post 651661)
What did the letter say?

no letter just a general question:
some posters here said ssd called to tell them they were approved , and then later they got a letter saying they were approved.
i was just wondering when i check the mail every day :), and if i did get a letter i am deading opening it :eek:, and was wondering IF you didnt get a call first then i could asume it is a denial letter :mad:or is there really no way to second guess the system lol..

plgerrard 05-05-2010 11:05 AM

There is really no way to second guess. I think it is unusual for you to get a call first. Even the SSA website states the decision will come in a letter.

I did find out by phone first, but that was only because my decision took 9 months, had been through a DQB review, and I finally started calling myself to find out about the delay.

wdwgranny 05-05-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plgerrard (Post 651697)
There is really no way to second guess. I think it is unusual for you to get a call first. Even the SSA website states the decision will come in a letter.

I did find out by phone first, but that was only because my decision took 9 months, had been through a DQB review, and I finally started calling myself to find out about the delay.

thank you :)

echoes long ago 05-05-2010 07:03 PM

i never got a phone call before i got the letter and mine was approved.

legalmania 05-06-2010 12:45 AM

I've seen clients get checks first and then a letter. I lived in South Florida at the time.

finz 05-06-2010 02:57 AM

My lawyer heard from SSDI and called me to tell me to expect a letter in the mail.

My big back pay check came weeks before my notification letter from SSDI. I never got a phone call from them.

I understand the frustration of waiting and 'just give it a little longer" :hug: But please don't let this stress you out over the phone call that might never come issue......just waiting for the letter/check is stressful enough !

I hope that you hear really soon and that it is good news !

BrendaBCS 05-06-2010 06:53 AM

I never got a call, only the letter.
My husband never got a call. He called them and they said to call the local office for his disposition. Later he got the letter.
We were both approved on the first application.

jana 05-06-2010 07:54 AM

I kept on calling my disability "counselor" in Nashville to check on the status of my case. If I remember correctly, he told me I had been denied (the first time) before I got the letter. He couldn't tell me WHY -- I had to wait to read the letter. I believe (long time, short memory) when I got approved the second time, I got a check BEFORE I got an approval letter.