NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   my uncle passed away (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/121698-uncle-passed.html)

waves 05-08-2010 01:30 PM

my uncle passed away

my uncle died yesterday - dad's brother. we got word from his other brother. he had some problems in the past but recently was well. he started feeling ill so the family called an ambulance. he had a heart attack in the ambulance and two hours later in the hospital something else happened and he died. doctors were unclear as to cause of death. so, the family requested an autopsy which i think was sensible. hopefully then we will know something more.

funeral is tuesday. we have to travel so we are leaving monday, staying overnight, and returning tuesday night.

i just talked to my cousin to get some details on the arrangements because my dad didn't want to "bother" them, but my mom is going nuts because she is trying to sort out how we can travel with his medication which needs refrigeration. my cousin seemed to appreciate the call. she was very nice. we are not usually in touch so we exchanged cell phone numbers to facilitate further communications.

when she answered the phone and i told her that i was sorry about her dad, a huge lump suddenly materialized in my throat and i almost choked on the words.

i last saw my uncle when i was little. i mostly lived on the other side of the atlantic. the past years in europe, i have wanted to go visit, but due to circumstances on there side or ours, that didn't happen. and now he's gone and i am sad. i am sad for my dad too.

this is the first of my parents' siblings to have died and it makes my parents' mortality glare out at me too.

~ waves ~ of sadness keep coming over me.

bizi 05-08-2010 01:40 PM

I am sorry waves...I was with my uncle when he passed away...it was terrible, my mother and I had been taking turns to be with him while he lay in the hospital bed. He died of cancer. When I called my mom it was a very hard call to make.

Death is hard on the family and I am glad that you called your cousin, your dad must be hurting too.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

Mari 05-08-2010 01:50 PM

Dear Waves, :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm sorry about your uncle.

Mari

waves 05-08-2010 02:21 PM

(((Beth and Mari)))

thank you both. :hug::hug::hug:

this is hard. it is slowly creeping up on me. i was cleaning when i found out and have kept cleaning. woke up this morning and cleaned. this afternoon i've been sitting here with a thousand browsers open trying to find trains and hotels and pharmacies and churches and this that and the other...

i think the call to my cousin perhaps drove it in a fair bit.

~ waves ~

mymorgy 05-08-2010 02:23 PM

poor waves....i am so sorry. it must be so unsettling for you......i am sure your parents are going to have a nice long life....they take good care of each other and you take care of them. It is still so sad and shocking.
love
bobby

Jomar 05-08-2010 02:32 PM

So sorry to hear of your uncle passing.
:grouphug:

befuddled2 05-08-2010 03:24 PM

:hug: Waves and Family :hug:

I am sorry this has happened. You and the family have my condolences.

barbara

waves 05-08-2010 05:51 PM

tired, sad, frustrated

Dear Bobby, Jo, and Barbara

thank you so much for your kind words. i really appreciate you guys. :hug::hug::hug:

still scouting out accommodations. pooped. :o but now have some places to try calling tomorrow. hopefully one will be available. hopefully the surgeon won't have a problem with my dad traveling. my mom is freaking out about that. she will call the clinic monday. dad doesn't want her to coz he wants to go anyway. and he is upset because we don't have reservations yet don't have train tickets yet etc etc etc etc.... aren't there yet... weren't there yesterday... :o but geez it takes time to "comb" googlemaps, services, reviews, etc ... for all our "must haves"
-- proximity to funeral location
-- fridge in room or available
-- CLEAN (some reviews say "we had insects in the room" or "shower had mould" or "room not cleaned when we arrived" :(
-- access to subway on foot
-- private bath

and i only found out the location this afternoon... i've been on it! i've been all over it! i did watch bones. :o sigh. i would have NEEDED a break, anyway, bones or no bones! :(

~ waves ~

collinsc 05-08-2010 07:16 PM

Sorry!!

Waves
I am so sorry to hear about your lose and all that you and your entire family are going through. :hug: Good luck with all of the planning. I hope there are no problems with your father in your travels. I will be thinking of you.

collinsc

DiMarie 05-09-2010 12:02 AM

I am so sorry about your Uncle Wave's. You are right when it reminds us of our own parents. mortality. My parents are gone now, and mom's younger siblings area my agea and dh. THe Uncle dh age had open heart surgury last week. He is doing well. but Mom and two of her brothers are gone, Dad is gone and one brother advanced age.

My dh siblings are very muck older then he is. The sisters are still with us, he brothers are passed 15 and more years ago.

But for your dad's meds, there are a lot of medial type cooler, and we never had an issues with baby formula traveling.

Hugs for you, safe travels.
do:grouphug: