NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Need doctor recommendation in Tampa, FL (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/121974-doctor-recommendation-tampa-fl.html)

Shivanna 05-12-2010 10:41 AM

Need doctor recommendation in Tampa, FL

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could recommend a good doctor in or around Tampa, FL who is experienced in CRPS. My husband has CRPS for nearly 2 years and he does see a PM regularly but I'm trying to find him a better doctor. The current doctor is too busy for him, is too far away, and not very accessible. We know of Dr. Kirkpatrick but my husband did not have a good experience with him, so he's not an option. Hubby has scheduled an appointment with Dr S in PA but appointment date is later half of 2012!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a CRPS doctor in or around Tampa, FL? We can probably drive up to an hour or more if needed but being in a car is painful for my husband so we are trying to minimize that as much as necessary.

Thanks for your help!

gatorsmomma 05-12-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivanna (Post 653888)
Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could recommend a good doctor in or around Tampa, FL who is experienced in CRPS. My husband has CRPS for nearly 2 years and he does see a PM regularly but I'm trying to find him a better doctor. The current doctor is too busy for him, is too far away, and not very accessible. We know of Dr. Kirkpatrick but my husband did not have a good experience with him, so he's not an option. Hubby has scheduled an appointment with Dr S in PA but appointment date is later half of 2012!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a CRPS doctor in or around Tampa, FL? We can probably drive up to an hour or more if needed but being in a car is painful for my husband so we are trying to minimize that as much as necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, when I was reasearching CRPS I came across this. It is an institute dedicated to RSD/CRPS and is in Tampa. Good luck!

It is RSDhealthcare ** unfortunately I don't have enough posts to provide the link.

Shivanna 05-12-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorsmomma (Post 653927)
Hi, when I was reasearching CRPS I came across this. It is an institute dedicated to RSD/CRPS and is in Tampa. Good luck!

It is RSDhealthcare ** unfortunately I don't have enough posts to provide the link.

gatorsmomma, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I believe that institute is headed by Dr. K. We would prefer to see another doctor. Are there other CRPS doctors in that health facility? Thanks.

gatorsmomma 05-12-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivanna (Post 653935)
gatorsmomma, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I believe that institute is headed by Dr. K. We would prefer to see another doctor. Are there other CRPS doctors in that health facility? Thanks.

I loked at the website, there is a doctor Schwartzmann listed but I don't know if he is actually working there. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

SandyS 05-12-2010 03:39 PM

hi,

I live in Tampa and I take my daugther to Dr. Danya Godoy over in St. Pete.She is right over by Bayfront Hospital. You can google her she is on 7th ave S. Suncoast Medical. I love her she studied under Stanton-Hicks at the Cleveland Clinic. If you have any questions send me your phone number and I will call you. You can send it though a PM.

Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivanna (Post 653888)

Thanks for your help!

Shivanna 05-12-2010 03:46 PM

Sandy,
Thanks the recommendation! Since I posted the original post, I googled around and got a PM in Lutz. Amazingly, hubby was able to get an appointment with him in about 10 days from now. I will keep your recommendation of Dr. Danya Godoy in mind and if this one fails in Lutz, will look at Dr. Danya Godoy. Thanks again!

aussiemom 05-12-2010 09:27 PM

I'm in Pinellas, I see Lynn Carr Columbus. She is in the East Lake area. I don't know how she would be with your hubbys pain.