NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Offered a job I can thank Donna (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/122064-offered-job-thank-donna.html)

befuddled2 05-13-2010 05:19 PM

Offered a job I can thank Donna

Thank you so much Donna for telling me what you did on the photos I do as I told a real estate agent that today with good results. I've known this guy for a couple of years and he is interested in me taking pictures of the houses he sells. He's in his own real estate business and he's a right big one at that. I'm so nervous about this I don't know what to do. My old doubts are coming back saying I'm not good enough so I need some positive reinforcement.

barbara

Dmom3005 05-13-2010 05:35 PM

Barb

You are definately the right person for the job. The only thing you
need to start tomorrow in my opinion is for him to be willing to offer
to drive you around.

I don't happen to think that would be to much. Or to allow someone
from his office to do so. I would guess he hasn't been able to locate
anyone he likes pictures. And he wouldn't have offered if he wasn't
sure.

Congratulations.

:grouphug::circlelove::yahoo::cool2:

I love your :OuttaHere: Pictures.

And I think you will do a great job on the houses for him.

Donna

befuddled2 05-13-2010 07:22 PM

Thanks Donna,

The guy wants for me to be able to drive myself as a condition. He does know that I've just had eye surgery though so I'm sure he'll be patient.

I've emailed my voc rehab counselor about this as their department might be willing to pay for some photography classes to enchance my work in it.

barbara

bizi 05-13-2010 09:14 PM

well this is all very exciting for you!!!!
bizi

waves 05-14-2010 07:48 AM

Hi Barbara

want to wish you well on this endeavor... it sounds like a great prospect - something you are good at and that you will probably enjoy, too!

good luck with voc. rehab about the class. you will be fine, even if they don't spring for it, but makes sense to look into it - there is always something to learn.

~ waves ~

befuddled2 05-14-2010 01:20 PM

Thank you Beth and Waves. I am feeling more confident already.

Been fighting with the power company today big time. They are so confusing.

barbara

befuddled2 05-15-2010 05:09 PM

I found out today that the real estate agent who wants for me to take pictures has houses out of town that he deals with. I do not travel the interstate so this may be problem. Although there is always the long way around of course. So I guess I'll need some encouragment to work out of town.

barbara

collinsc 05-15-2010 06:41 PM

You will be great!

Barbara,
Congtats on the job! :D I agree with everyone else that said you are perfect for this job. As far as the interstate thing you will figure something out! Like you said already, go the long way! Do not let anything get in your way of doing this! If you seriously want this then you will be great! As far as encouragement is concerned I think you are really on the right site for that! People here care about you and will be there to support you.:hug:

Colleen

Dmom3005 05-15-2010 08:25 PM

Barb

You can always start with houses in town and then start to move more
to the ones more outside. Letting him know that you are nervous
to drive that. So its going to take a little time.

Also Voc Reh. Might be able to help with that.
Donna

befuddled2 05-16-2010 11:36 AM

Thank you Colleen and Donna. That is a good idea to tell the guy that I'll work my way up to out of town.

Barbara